Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heavensgift Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Importance of Hysterosalpingogram
    Hello everyone! I'm new in this site and this morning we went to clinic for check up since I'm having trouble with my irregular menses!huh! The doctor told me that it's all normal my tranvaginal and abdominal ultrasound is normal but still she told me to do hysterosalpingogram... and the more I was pressure and upset,I'm just afraid with the procedure they will inject a dye to check if my tubes are patent... I hope so! Please anyone can tell me?any advise?Thanks a lot!
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Here is a good description of the procedure for you : Hysterosalpingography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They do inject a dye into your uterine cavity through the vagina and cervix. :)

Aug 14, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Thanks Nauticalstar420, I'm just a natural born coward in terms of medical procedures... but if I really needs this, "I'll Cross the bridge when I get there!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 14, 2007, 08:22 AM
    If it makes you feel any better, it's a routine procedure. Our small, local hospital performs 3 or more daily.

Good luck to you. :)
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by heavensgift
    Thanks Nauticalstar420, I'm just a natural born coward in terms of medical procedures....but if i really needs this, "I'll Cross the bridge when I get there!
    Everyone has the tendency to be scared when they get a procedure done on them. I'm still scared of pap smears, believe it or not, but it always turns out OK. :p
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 11:39 AM
    I still get nervous too Naut.;0) you're not alone. And good luck with your procedure heavensgift, please let us know how everything goes.

Aug 17, 2007, 12:10 PM
    To LearningAsIGo:) and Buggage:)... Thanks a lot guys,at least your messages boost my confidence and actually 2 days ago I had my Transvaginal Utz again and it turns out to be normal... Thank God!My Doctor told me that she will monitor my ovulation in a natural way and then she will decide if I really need to start on clomid... My next appointment will be on wedsnesday!. God Bless Us and I hope everything will turn out fine:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WACC Importance [ 2 Answers ]

Why is WACC important to an organization?

The Importance Of Puctuation [ 16 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I'm reading a great book on punctuation at the moment (never thought I'd say that! :D ) called 'Eats, Shoots and Leaves'. It explains how massively important punctuation can be, and how frustrating it is when people seem to disregard it! I would recommend it to any...

What is the importance of [ 3 Answers ]

Why the first year of engineering contains ordinary subjects If we cut that subjects the duration of course will reduce to three years so why the subjects added?

Importance of a designation [ 1 Answers ]

What is the Iimportance of designation ?

View more questions Search