Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachaeljwebb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 02:12 PM
    My 11yr old german shepard cross border is unwell
    My poor dog yesterday wouldn't walk for me in the morning. It seemed his back legs were stiff and when he did eventually get up he walked sideways - his legs were all bowed. As with German Shepards of a certain age I thought it might be his back legs that had gone but very suddenly.
    Today he has not eaten and started throwing up yellow bile. He had normal stool yesterday, slightly runny but nothing awful!
    We had a time with him last year where he started losing blood while he was pooing but after a very expensive trip to the vet - in which they charged me for numerous drips in which he would'n't keep in - the vets sent him home saying nothing more they can do! After lots of syringing a few days later he started to eat again.
    Do you think this maybe the same thing - his legs certainly didn't go bad last year and if so should I be taking him to the vets as it seemed I spent £400 on not a lot as it just distressed my dog even more!
    It's all very worrying and I know he's not getting any younger but he's not really that old yet!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2008, 02:39 PM
    Sounds like he does need another trip to the vet more so for throwing up the yellow bile
    mydogquestion Posts: 232, Reputation: 21

Jul 1, 2008, 09:08 PM
    A trip to the vet is the best advice. Throwing up and not eating are things to be concerned about. The legs are another concern. My GSD is ten and takes arthritis pills once a week for pain. He has dysplasia and some arthritis.but is was not a sudden problem. It could be many things but a vet visit is called for to be sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How big will my greatdane/belgium shepard cross get? [ 2 Answers ]

How big will my greatdane/belgium shepard cross get?

German shepard not eating [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is Ashika. I have a female German Shepard who is 20 weeks. She refuses to eat. I have no idea what to do. Please advice.

German shepard [ 2 Answers ]

Can any one help me re my german shepard. He lives outside in a run with kennel and during the hot climate in cyprus he has started to use his kennel as a toilet he will not use it to sleep in even when it rains . He is now 8 months old and I am worried as the weather is now becoming colder and...

German shepard [ 2 Answers ]

I have a german shepard that had pups two weeks ago, and she stopped feeding her pups, what do I do? I've never been through this and I am afraid for the pups. So if anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thank you:confused:

View more questions Search