Jan 11, 2006, 10:52 PM
    Tmobile Is A Scam
    Jan 9, 2005

T Mobile
    P.O. Box 3210
    Albuquerque, NM 87190-3210

Re: 330213164

To whom it may concern:

I am a T mobile customer and I am writing you this letter in regards to my T mobile bill because from reviewing my bill I have come to the conculsion that T mobile cell phone service is a scam. First of all, I have recorded conversations with Tmobile's celluar phone service representatives regarding the misunderstanding of my Tmobile bill, and they been unsuccessful in clarifying the (July, Aug, Sep and Oct statements) charges.

My current plan with Tmobile is 5000 minutes whenever and free nights and weekends, but I was told my weekends began on Thursdays. I was informed that my free weekend would start after 9:00pm Thursday, and for the past five months my Tmobile bill has been over $1200.00 a month, which does not make any sense. In the past 5 months I have paid Tmobile over $7500.00 and there is no explanation for the charges.

However on 9/28/05, Tmobile interrupted my phone service because of 1 day late payment, but the day my phone service was interrupted, Tmobile representative said I had over 1000 minutes left and my minutes would restart on 10/01/05. Therefore how is it possible to use 1000 min in two days? Tmobile has no explanation for this or any of the other misunderstandings on my T Mobile bills, but they continue to say I was misinformed, which is not true. Therefore, I believe Tmobile is scamming a lot of their customers.

I have documented my calls and the time of using my celluar phone and there were numbers that I call on my bill, but at the time of the call I did not make the calls that were initated on my Tmobile bill and the reason for me not reading the bill is because I am familiar with the telephone numbers. However, many of Tmobile consumers do not read the charges on their bill and over look their bill because of telephone number they usually dial. This is my 20th letter and Tmobile has not taken the time to resolve this issue by utilizing the 5th amendment, therfore I will make it my duty to practice the 1st amendment.

Tmobile is a FRAUD, SCAM, FRAUD, FRAUD, SCAM, FRAUD!
    Therefore, I will forward this letter to the Attorney General, FCC, BBB, ACLU, and ripoff.com
    I do hope that this matter will be investigated thoroughly.

Sincerely,

Chayo Briggs
    P.O. Box 3815
    Apple Valley, CA. 92307
    :mad:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 12, 2006, 06:34 AM
    Mobile cell
    I am sorry you had trouble with T mobile, often I find many misunderstandings come from sell people not fully understanding the written contract or our not reading the actual contract we are signing.

But I will say I had T mobile for over 5 years and found it the best company with the best customer service of any company I have ever had.
    I had to change 2 years ago due to the fact they do not service ( phones work) well in the area I moved to. They let me out of my contract because of this and even refunded my last months premium because of the problem.

I now have Cingular and they have billing problems almost every month, and while they do correct them it often it often takes weeks to get them resolved.

So while I know you are having a issue, T mobile by and large is in my opinoin far better than most of the other companies you will be dealing with.

And in the end, it is what your written contract says, not what any sales person told you.

Also why in the world did you pay 1000's of dollars in phone bills, by not paying you get things fixed a lot more quick ( if there was anything to fix)

Also if they have indeed broken the written contract, do merely get an attorney, he will find where they are ini breach of the contract and sue them for that breach. ( or you may do so if you are able in court also)

I will say that this is commerce law and there is no constitutional issues with this that are at issue and added that to a letter merely does not state the facts but only rants.

The letters to them should.

Include exact billing dates, the exact charges that are not correct, and exactly what you expect them to fix and how you wish them to be fixed.

Your letter as written will get no real result and most likely never make it past the lady who opens and disgards junk mails.

Not what you wanted to hear but again, I am trying to tell people how it is, not how they want it to be.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2006, 06:39 AM
    You should take you complaint to your State Attorney General. You don't need an attorney, won't have to pay a fee.

I'm in a battle with Sprint/Nextel right now. They hide charges - and even add charges for services that I don't ask for - frequently.

I'm counting on my complaint to the Ohio Attorney General will help me get it resolved.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2006, 06:55 AM
    TMobile
    Hi,
    Here is a link with some previous answers to this:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showth...hlight=tmobile

Best of luck, and the Attorney General sounds like a good bet!
    CHAYOTE23 Posts: 37, Reputation: 0

Sep 18, 2007, 09:51 AM
    CHAYO BRIGGS
    P.O. Box 3815
    Apple Valley, CA 92307

09/10/2007

T-mobile/ Legal Department
    12920 S.E.
    Bellevue, WA 98006

To whom it may concern:

Mobile Number 760-265-2614

I am a T-Mobile customer and I am writing you this letter in regards to my T-Mobile bill because reviewing my bill I have come to the conclusion that T-Mobile cell phone service is a scam.
    First of all, I have recorded conversations with T-Mobile's cellar phone service representatives regarding the misunderstanding of my T-Mobile bill, and they been unsuccessful in clarifying the (July-September 2007) charges. My current plan with T-Mobile is 5000 minutes whenever and free nights and weekends, but I was told my weekends began on Thursday or Friday after 9:00 pm. I was informed that my free weekend would start after 9:00 pm Thursday, and for the past month of JULY-September my
    T-Mobile bill is over $1,358.00 a month, which does not make any sense. In the past 5 months I have paid T-Mobile over $3,500.00 and there is no explanation for the charges and last year around in August and September, I had the same issues with T-Mobile and the issue was never resolve. However, T-Mobile offered me a free month, which did not define the real problem and T-mobile being a Million dollar company and being a value able customer for several years T-Mobile has never offered me any incentives.
    However, on 9/09/07 @ 10:40 am, T-mobile representative said I had over 3000 minutes including text messages. Therefore, how is it possible to use 3000 min in 25 days? T-Mobile has no explanation for this or any of the other misunderstandings on my T-Mobile bill, but they continue to say I was misinformed, which is not true.
    Therefore, I believe T-Mobile is scamming a lot of their customers and I have had this issue before with T-mobile, I have documented my calls and the time of using my cellular phone and there were numbers that I call on my bill, but at the time of the call I did not make the calls that were initiated on my T-Mobile bill. If I had made many of the calls the question is when do I sleep or work.
    How is this possible and the only answer T-Mobile can give is read your bill, which is logical, but the charges on the bill do not make sense. This is my 26th letter in an addition with other complaint letters I have written in the past and T-Mobile has not taken the time to resolve this issue by utilizing the 5th amendment, therefore I will make it my duty to practice the 1st amendment and hire an Attorney to analyze my bill because if I can pay for a $1,500.00 phone bill, I should be able to hire an Attorney to justify the injustice of consumers being taken advantage of T-Mobile customers.
    I will file legal action (Class Action) against T-Mobile, but this time I will not allow this to continue and not receive the proper feedback. T-Mobile is a FRAUD, SCAM FRAUD, SCAM, FRAUD, SCAM, FRAUD! Therefore, I will forward this letter to the US Attorney General, FCC, BBB, ACLU, Utilities Commission, and ripoff.com I hope this matter will be investigated thoroughly.

Sincerely,

Chayo Briggs
    hatetmobile Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 01:12 AM
    Had the same problem with T-Mobile.
    They are a scam and a racketeering organization.

Please do not do any business with T-Mobile. They are the devil incarnate.

T-MobileFraud.com
    Former Employee Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 8, 2008, 11:25 AM
    I worked for t-mobile and trust me.. you'll have to go through congress to even have a charge consider be removed, they don't care about their customers for the obvious reason that there are so many who will replace you.. the ads keep running, more new accounts come in.. A low percentage of complaints and cancels does nothing to them, its corporate america.. if anything all your complaint letters do is teach them how to better deal with your anger and figure out another way to address your problem with the result of them not having to refund you yet keep you as a customer, don't believe the smiles and lies, bottom line, you need them more than they need you. And that's nothing but the truth!

Only ANSWER the question on this page here. Do NOT ASK a question.

You are NOT logged in.
    CHAYOTE23 Posts: 37, Reputation: 0

Apr 12, 2008, 08:28 AM
    I would like to thank you for taking the time and opportunity to respond the complaint letter about T-Mobile. However, I am not like most people because I stand for what I believe no matter what I have to do and I will do what ever it takes if I want T-Mobile or Home Depot to listen to what I have to say.
    camchatt1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 08:31 PM
    I know this is an old complaint but I work for tmobile. I can honestly say that I have great respect for this company not just because I work there and I have to say that. Because I didn't need to create this account just to comment on this. But I have been to several meetings for a year and a half and day in and day out I get emails from tmobile and all we learn about... is how to help our customers. They teach us more about helping the customer and bettering their experience than expanding our wallets. I think you might have gotten misinformation(like you've stated) but for calls "showing up" on your bill CANNOT happen. Calls to your contacts CANNOT just be put on there manually. Your phone would have HAD TO call these numbers for the minutes to be used. We can't just throw it on there for fun. When my customers come in, I show them the phones that have proven themselves, and steer them away from the phones that have had issues. I give my customers ALL the information they need AND I highlight EVERYTHING that is important. I know that you can't get EVERY tmobile employee to be as committed... some people just don't have those values. And those are usually the ones who don't last long. I tell everyone of my customers to stick with corporate stores because we are taught the T-Mobile Values and we abide by the policies and are FIRED if we don't. I don't want to bash on third party dealers or 'authorized' dealers, but they don't learn what we learn and they do shady things I will admit. But they just sell tmobile. Its like walmart that sells kellogs... you can't sew kellog for walmart telling you there's no sugar in the food... when it states it in the ingredients. Same thing with cell phones... just because someone tells you weekends start on thursday(I think you heard what you felt like hearing, everybody knows weekends start friday)it says it on tmobile.com, the contracts, and all the plan brochures. I honestly feel like the customers that come in and yell at me and freak out on me because THEY went over on their minutes, and THEIR kids did too many downloads, and THEY lost their phone or got it stolen and don't suspend it right away, and now have tons of overages, are just senseless jerks. I had other phone carriers before tmobile. And I have a cousin that works for at&t and my sister works for verizon. Its comical how we all have these kind of ignorant customers that have no common sense. So with your "terrible experience" with tmobile... I probably would have tried to help you but once I found that everything was ligitimate and you honestly think that you weren't at fault... I don't fell bad for you. So before I become redundant.. pay attention, read the fine print, and don't act like you didn't have the option to look up or ask someone any questions .
    countryflyer53 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2009, 09:58 AM
    In my opinion you are correct T-Mobile gouges its customers and the reps tell out and out lies. I was charged .45 a minute for overages that's over 400% of customary charges I have adjusted my plan several times and each time resulted in higher charges. The management once you are locked into a contract squeeze all the money from you as possible. This is a non user friendly compant and will cheat and mislead you at every opurtunity.

I highly recommend you stay away from this ripoff company and will do my best to steer any one I can away from T Mobile.
    gcheloti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2010, 01:19 PM
    I looked out for any Scam on T-mobile because I also got cheated twice by their representatives. I ordered for a cell phone over the phone, and I received it 6 days later. I was cheated my bill would only run from the day I receive my cellphone. But when the bill arrived, I had been charged from the day the phone was shipped to me.
    The sales representative also convinced me to agree to a free one month web use, and could cancel it after that one month. I agreed reluctantly. So when I receive my first bill what do I see?. a charge for the web! On inquiry I was told the plan I have does not qualify for free one month web use! So who should be believed and who shouldn't?
    bummed_nyc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2012, 07:51 AM
    I am recently going through an issue with TMobile myself. At the end of last year I had gone into a TMobile store to purchase a phone. At the time, I did not have a contract with them so I had to purchase a phone. The representative told me that he could give me a better deal if I changed my phone number which I did. After a few months, I started getting collection notices and contacted TMobile and somewhere along the line someone did not close the prior accounts which then accrued charges without my knowledge. I am not stuck with paying the collection agency $1000.00 of which I did not accrue. Trust, TMobile is horrible and will not accommodate you or your complaints at all. I will be switching to a new phone carrier as soon as this headache is over, I don't care about the early activation fee at this point. They truly suck and don't care for their customers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crown Lengthening Scam [ 9 Answers ]

My wife was told she needed to have 5 crowns after a recent exam. The Dental "advisor" (not the dentist) says she needs "crown lengthening" on all five. The "crown lengthening" costs $900 a tooth=$4500 plus $450 each for the crowns (only the crowns are covered by insurance). We agreed not...

Usb Drive Scam [ 4 Answers ]

I had purchased a 512mb USB 5 in 1 Mp3 Player. And when I formatted it, the memory got reduced to 256mb disk, even I used complete 497 mb storage before formatting. But after formatting I was surprised to see that it became 256mb drive. Is there any solution for this problem. When I asked...

How do you know if it's a scam? [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way of telling what prodcuts are scams when looking for skin lightening methods online? (ie- I've heard that http://www.whiterskin.com is a scam) And what's the deal with chemical peels... are they good or bad?

Email scam [ 18 Answers ]

Hi Please see a scam that's doing its rounds across the web again, I found this in my inbox this morning... ;) Email sender = "vivian amana" <[email protected]>

View more questions Search