Oct 24, 2010, 11:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    You graduated COLLEGE at 16???

HOLY CRAP!!
    I think she meant high school. :)
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2010, 07:05 PM

My Mom married as a virgin, to a virgin. Neither believes in oral sex or masturbation. My Mom lived a very unhappy sexual life, always wanting it more. She told me all about it. Thanks Mom!

They were married in '57. My in-laws, marred around the same time share the same story, only they still happily have sex.

When I was in high school, in a class of 1500 only one girl went to school obviously pregnant. Sex wasn't talked about much. But in college, it was pretty much the main entertainment along with drinking and partying. We only had to worry about herpes as the only non-curable sex disease.

Women (according to a show I just watched) look for men who appear healthy, are financially stable and smell right. If a guy doesn't have HIV, bad herpes or wart outbreaks, his age doesn't really matter. So, it's never too late...

Also, the woman who is most willing to have sex isn't necessarily the most physically appealing. Shut your eyes and start bonin'! Never underestimate the power of attitude.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2010, 06:28 AM

I graduated and went through College during the period AIDS was making its presence known... and before they figured out what caused it.

Guys were always trying to get laid... (even my Fathers Generation) difference is what women today try to argue isn't really sex... really is... and somewhere along the way the concept of you have to put out to get a guy became engrained (hell 30 years ago you were a lucky SOB to get oral or anal from a woman). Personally I was always thankfull it wasn't as bad as it was during my parents time... and wishfull it was more like today. But the fact is I was a young guy... and thought #1 was getting laid with thought #2 being finding someone I could hang with as well. Unlike what most women were after hoping to land a life partner. Sex has a way to cloud judgement and it actually makes it harder to see a person for who they are. Trust me I had great sex with women I really didn't much care (in retrospect) for deeply back then, even though I didn't do one night stands. And the inexperience of youth makes that even harder. You need the clarity to see a person for who they really are IF you want a relationship that's going to last that won't go south the moment the excitement wears off.

And as was mentioned... Beauty fades... you better have a solid foundation.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Oct 26, 2010, 08:14 AM

I just think it's sad that it really IS ingrained that sex is what makes you important as a teen.

If you're not pretty, or popular, or wear sexy clothes, your worth to guys just seems to be non-existant. NOT putting out doesn't get you respect. It gets you ignored.

I hate the parents that don't want to talk about sex to their 7-8-9 year olds. It NEEDS to start then. You don't need to talk about how good it feels or the mechanics---but you DO need to talk about self-worth, and respecting others, and all of that in relation to sex.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 28, 2010, 01:28 PM

Not that I really need to chime in, but it is almost expect at this point in history. That being said, I lost mine at 19.

If two people are dating seriously, I assume that they're screwing as well. That has been the way of it for most my life.

In High School, 12-15 years ago, I wouldn't know who were virigns and who weren't. I knew by the end of it, most who had dated were probably not.

In University... all bets were off. I think it was more of a post feminist thing. I want to say revolution, but that's not right. Societal expectations changed. Way back when when a Kiss was thought to be scandalous, nothing intimate was expected until far into the relationship. When it was accepted a kiss or a makeout session was almost required at the end of the date and it was considered a bad date if it wasn't there.

It went down hill from there. Second base, third base, home run, sacrifice fly... I don't know where I am going with this.

Times are changing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insurance Company fired pregnant worker for missing days, but those days were allowed [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal for the same employer to keep an employee that has been terminated on their payroll, in order to refrain from paying out unemployment benefits?

What is the norm PSI gauge reading for a 1 1/2 ton compressor on the heat pump side [ 1 Answers ]

1.5 ton Goodman Heat Pump > putting out cool air while in heat cycle. While, I don't expect you to gauge this accurate but, what is the norm Psi setting low side and High side for this size unit? Thank you!

Is this the Norm? [ 1 Answers ]

I logged on today, and hit the answer button. After browsing through several pages, I was just flabbergasted. 12 year olds pregnant, questions on how to get younger girlfriend to have sex, cheating cheating cheating, skin lightening?? Oh and the question of why is my step brother making moves on...

I have no idea what monetary gift is norm for me to give to my niece for college grad [ 2 Answers ]

I am close to my niece, and I have no idea what is considered"average" for a college graduation monetary gift

View more questions Search