Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patriciaLLC Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2008, 09:32 PM
    Ducted heating control is reading room temp incorrectly.
    I have a vulcan ducted heating system, model no. 9255.
    The control unit is displaying the room temp as 35C when it is actually 11C or less.
    35C is the max temp possible. As the room temp is displayed at the max temp, the heating will not come on as it its thermostatically controlled.
    I have tried resetting, restarting, removing and replacing the batteries, and resetting the identity code.
    Turning the unit off for 10minutes or more results in the room temp reading decreasing.
    I think the problem is with the units internal thermostat. Is it possible for this to overheat?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 12, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Only Vulcan I can find. Are you in the USA or Australia ?

Vulcan Radiator
    patriciaLLC Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 08:43 PM
    I fixed this by replacing the batteries with new ones, even thought the display was not reading 'battery low'. I guess this should always be a first port of call.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating turns itself off before reaching desired temp [ 9 Answers ]

Background: I have an older Trane furnace (manufactured 8/1994) made by American Furnace Inc. (The Trane Company, Trenton, NJ) model TUJ080A936A0. The module controller is by White-Rodgers Emerson Electric Co. Model 50A52-101. There is no gas pilot light. Problem: Recently, my gas valve will...

Heating duct air temp [ 3 Answers ]

Is there an basic or average temperature that the warm air should be that is coming out of the heat vents? It seems that even at it's warmest the temp of the air coming from the vent is only about 74 degrees, which once it moves out of the vent a couple of feet feels cold.

Heating unit not reaching room temp [ 1 Answers ]

My heating unit doesn't generate enough heat. Everything comes on but stops running before reaching room temperature. I've turned on and off the wall-thermostat and it works. Is this a sign that the wall-thermostat is going bad or went bad on me?

Grohe Grohtemp temp control [ 5 Answers ]

Our new condo came with a Grohtemp shower unit. Is it possible to adjust the thermostat so the water will get hotter then it currently allows? Paul

View more questions Search