Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ISD Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 12:48 PM
    Cat kneading
    I have a cat that's 6 yrs old and is neutered.. he has begun kneading on me and against me.. its almost seems that it is a sensual feeling and I have noticed clear liguid from the back, not sure from where exactly it coming from.. is it something to be concerned about.. he's fixed and should not be in heat.. what should I do..? :confused:
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 23, 2008, 01:14 PM
    Unneutered female (not male) cats go into heat.

Kneading of a human usually means "I love you" and replicates a kitten's motions against his mom's tummy while he is nursing. (The kneading of the mom by kittens stimulates milk production.) I don't know what the clear liquid could be. When one of my cat kneads me, he drools.
    amanda-kym Posts: 78, Reputation: 5

Aug 23, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Is it what he is doing that bothers u or the liquid

Aug 23, 2008, 01:22 PM
    That's a stupid ans.. the kneading or the liquid.. don't u think the liquid is not normal.. its like ejaculation.. what could it be
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 23, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISD
    its like ejaculation.. what could it be
    His hormone levels could be off, and the liquid you see could be from sexual excitation. I'd call my vet first for suggestions, and take the cat in if the vet thinks that would be a good idea.
    amanda-kym Posts: 78, Reputation: 5

Aug 23, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISD
    thats a stupid ans.. the kneading or the liquid.. dont u think the liquid is not normal.. its like ejaculation.. what could it be
    No what I meant was is the kneading an additional worry due to the way the cat is doing it. Sorry if wasn't clear

Aug 23, 2008, 01:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amanda-kym
    no what i meant was is the kneading an additional worry due to the way the cat is doing it. sorry if wasnt clear
    Well its something new.. I guess the liguid is my concern... I read that cats knead like they were kittens, feeding off there moms..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Male cat excessive kneading [ 4 Answers ]

My male cat (neutered - 3 years old) has started kneading more aggressively and will also wiggle his bum and purr while he is kneading. He has just started the wiggling and tightening his haunches. Is this normal behavior, or should I take him to the vet to look at other causes, i.e. urinary...

Frankie's Excessive Kneading [ 2 Answers ]

My eight-year-old cat, Frankie has had a urinary inflammation and allergies in the past few weeks. He was treated and has recovered from the inflammation and has been treated and pretty much recovered from the allergies and constant sneezing, lethargy, etc. He shares my home with three other cats,...

View more questions Search