Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Jun 22, 2016, 06:11 AM
    Missing person
    Not sure if this is right category. If not, perhaps you can suggest which one would
    Be the closest.

A friend of mine comes from Germany. She has been here for a number of years.
    Well, decades... anyway, she has been looking for someone who lives in
    Germany and she doesn't have anyone to ask about his whereabouts or even if
    He's still alive.

I tried searching, esp via Google (rather duckduckgo) but no luck. Here we have
    An obits but I couldn't find one for Germany. I don't even know what town he
    Would live in... but if I could at least get into the obits, perhaps I could tell her if
    He's dead or alive.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 22, 2016, 08:15 AM
    Does she know which town he lived in? Write letters to churches in that town and see if they can provide information about him.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 22, 2016, 08:59 AM
    Obits might be published locally and if digitized for the internet, you can find them with Google, just like here.
    I doubt that it is going to be that easy, however. You need his exact given name in general if he died, and not all small town newspapers are digitized.

Jun 22, 2016, 11:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Does she know which town he lived in? Write letters to churches in that town and see if they can provide information about him.
    Yes, I will write her for the name of the town... the problem is,he's
    Divorced since 1980's and may not live in that town anymore.
    Thank you for your response.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 22, 2016, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jammy23 View Post
    Yes, I will write her for the name of the town... the problem is,he's
    Divorced since 1980's and may not live in that town anymore.
    Thank you for your response.
    Lutheran pastors and Catholic priests usually know about and share information about area deaths. Certainly there's a way to search for people alive or dead within Germany.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 22, 2016, 02:50 PM
    It's almost impossible to find someone online, unless you're a super sleuth, even if you have every bit of information about this person.

I have an elderly family friend/Uncle (not my blood Uncle, I just always called him Uncle). After my parents died he decided he wanted nothing more to do with me. I know his full name, birth date, and the town he's always lived in, and I'm fairly sure that he's no longer alive, he'd be in his mid 90's now and he wasn't well the last time we spoke which was in 2001.

Fact is, I can't find any info on him online. Only real option I have is to write a letter to the address he's lived at for over 50 years, and hope someone responds.

You don't have a lot of info, so for you, unless you know someone that is very adept with computers, or you hire a P.I. will have even less luck than I have.

Sad but true, and oh, my "Uncle", lives in Germany too. Bad Saeckingen to be exact.

Should be Bad Sackingen with an umlaut over the "A", but I don't know how to do an umlaut so I added the e after the a to compensate for the umlaut I couldn't place.

I've known him all my life, all 45 years. I know where he lives, and I still can't find out any info on him.

If you're serious about this, you need more than just browsing the internet.

Good luck.

Jun 22, 2016, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    It's almost impossible to find someone online, unless you're a super sleuth, even if you have every bit of information about this person.

I have an elderly family friend/Uncle (not my blood Uncle, I just always called him Uncle). After my parents died he decided he wanted nothing more to do with me. I know his full name, birth date, and the town he's always lived in, and I'm fairly sure that he's no longer alive, he'd be in his mid 90's now and he wasn't well the last time we spoke which was in 2001.

Fact is, I can't find any info on him online. Only real option I have is to write a letter to the address he's lived at for over 50 years, and hope someone responds.

You don't have a lot of info, so for you, unless you know someone that is very adept with computers, or you hire a P.I. will have even less luck than I have.

Sad but true, and oh, my "Uncle", lives in Germany too. Bad Saeckingen to be exact.

Should be Bad Sackingen with an umlaut over the "A", but I don't know how to do an umlaut so I added the e after the a to compensate for the umlaut I couldn't place.

I've known him all my life, all 45 years. I know where he lives, and I still can't find out any info on him.

If you're serious about this, you need more than just browsing the internet.

Good luck.
    It's not that major. It was a love affair after his divorce and he went back to Germany. I was hoping there was an obituary list like we have here so I could at least find out if he's alive. Then if he's not on that list, look for something like our white pages or intelius or zabasearch. Well, just want to say "thank you " for responding. Got a feeling I want get too far.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missing person [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am Brazilian and I have recently been the victim of romance scam. I too find the person in the photo, I believe this person is a victim like me and as their photo is being used inappropriately. How can I do to be able to find this person and also warn other women not to enter the same...

Not exactly MISSING person, but. [ 1 Answers ]

Just wondering how to find out a person's name if all I have is their picture... any suggestions? First post :s

Missing person [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am a mother of a 15 year old girl, I am trying to find her father because she would like to know him. I know that his name is David Charles Hunt he is a african American male, he is about 43, he got out of prison about 2 years ago. I was living in the area of Flint ,Michigan at the time....

View more questions Search