Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevin71966 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 07:59 PM
    120 volt Kenmore dryer weak heat
    I have one of those small "apartment sized" 110 or 120 volt dryers that runs fine and does heat but it's so weak it takes way too long to dry clothes. I've tested every sensor and the heating element and they all check out fine. Air flow seems fine too.

Any suggestions?

Oh yeah, it's a kenmore
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Dec 28, 2006, 08:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin71966
    I have one of those small "apartment sized" 110 or 120 volt dryers that runs fine and does heat but it's so weak it takes way too long to dry clothes. I've tested every sensor and the heating element and they all check out fine. air flow seems fine too.

any suggestions?

oh yeah, it's a kenmore
    My experience from selling these units that work on 120V as opposed to the standard dryer that functions on 220/240V is that they never produce enough heat and consequently usually always take longer to dry than the standard higher voltage dryer. Wish I could offer some assistance but I would make a suggestion if this is a fairly new dryer, one that you could return if 1) you are not satisfied 2) if you have the space for a conventiona 220V dryer and the 220V elec outlet necessary.
    kevin71966 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 06:43 AM
    Thanks, I was thinking myself that maybe it's normal for it to take so long because it has a 130 min timer compared to the usual 90 min on a full size machine. Just seems kind of useless as a dryer, it took forever to dry a very small load. Maybe I'll use it as a space heater in my garage. I only paid $33 for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

110 volt versus 220 volt mini heat pump [ 6 Answers ]

I have enclosed my screened porch to create more living space(Florida Room). I am using a single zone mini split ductless heat pump for heating and cooling. It has been calculated that I need a 12,000 BTU unit. However, most of these units are available in 110 volts and 220 volts. The 220 models...

Kenmore Elite Dryer won't heat [ 16 Answers ]

I have a heavy duty Kenmore Elite dryer for about 5 years (bought new) but it doesn't heat now. Power works fine. The inside part turns/tumbles fine. Light works when you open the door. We clean lint out each time. Just doesn't heat on any of the dial settings. I've switched power at the...

Kenmore dryer help / No heat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore 80 series Super capacity plus dryer. Model# 77832791 77832 that is not heating. Sounds like after it runs for about 30 seconds that it is trying to fire up but then doesn't. I consider myself to be handy and could probably fix it with some help. Any idea where I should start? Does...

120 volt outlet from 240 volt outlet [ 1 Answers ]

I understand that it is possbile to wire a 120 volt outlet from a 240 volt outlet. My 240 volt outlet has 3 wires in, white, black, and a ground. Do I wire the 120 volt outlet from the either wire and the ground? My voltage meter indicates that connection is 120 volts. Is there any down side to...

Replacing a 240 volt outlet with a 120 volt oulet [ 1 Answers ]

We've switched to a central air conditioning system and no longer need the 240 volt outlet by the dining room window. The house was built in 1928, updated in 1957, and again a couple of ad hoc times thereafter. The wiring is at times very old, brand new or somewhat old. My guess is that the 240...

View more questions Search