Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Spicediva Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 07:13 PM
    Pain starting in lower left back, left ovary,groin an leg area
    I have been experiencing pain in my lower back on the left side with a burning sensation in my left ovary, groin area and left thigh. Added to these symptoms I have also been having a fever. I did an ultrasound of the groin and pelvic which revealed swollen lymph nodes. Cause I was also having a vaginal discharge so my doctor was of the opinion that it was an infection or PID and treated me with antibiotics. I completed my dosage yesterday. During this time I felt fine. Until today I started experiencing the symptoms again. This all started though with me getting what felt like an electric shock in my left groin and leg area which made it difficult for me to walk. Could you please help me with a diagnosis?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 16, 2011, 05:05 AM
    I'm surprised that no one has replied to your question since it was asked on 2/3.
    I would ask for a laparoscopy right away.
    If it is PID, the sooner it is treated the better, and it seems that you didn't respond thoroughly to the first course of antibiotics (assuming that you took them as prescribed).
    'Electric shock' sensations are nerves being irritated, just one of many forms of pain. This could be because inflammation/swollen lymph glands were pressing on a nerve.
    Swati maini Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2013, 02:04 AM
    I am in a similar situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constant Left leg pain - starting at the middle of the left buttock & goes down leg [ 6 Answers ]

Any ideas what would cause this condition on a grown man? Constant Left leg pain - starting at the middle of the left buttock & goes down leg. Thanks for helping

Ongoing left groin and leg pain [ 7 Answers ]

I have pain in the left groin area that moves up and down between my left mid-shin, across the top of my left thigh and into the left groin. It has been checked several times over time and now I am having a real problem. In the prone position, I have relatively good movemnet of legs etc, I cannot...

Left groin & down the left leg pain, Hysterectomy didn't work [ 6 Answers ]

I had fibroids and cysts in my left ovaries. Since I had severe pain in the lower left stomach, groin and all the way down on my left leg. The pain is only prominent when I lie down. I am fine during the day, but when I lie down the pain is intense. It looks like one nerve or something. The Doctor...

Pain in left groin area [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, first time user here. I am 41, have had a hysterectomy 4 years ago, been having a lot of pain in left groin area. Have had mri, x-ray, ultrasound, and they cannot find anything. At first they thought it was my gallbladder, but to no avail, it was fine. Where do I go from here? Major drugs...

Pain in lower left groin [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone I am 22 years old and have never had a regular period. I can't even remember the last time I had a natural period. But my concern at this moment is that I have a pain on my lower left groin area that I have had for about 2 months now and it seems to be getting worse. Its kindof...

View more questions Search