Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jceinc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2009, 04:25 PM
    Tub venting
    I am installing a whirpool tub that was roughed in for a end drain but the tub I have has the outlet on the side. I can raise it up so I have the correct pitch to the p-trap but will the inspector have a problem with this?
    Bentzle Posts: 28, Reputation: 6

Apr 17, 2009, 04:36 PM

This should be no problem with the drainage provided you have 1/4" per ft. grade and the added length of the drain is within the maximum length provide by local plumbing codes
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 11:21 AM

Yes, drain is in wrong location. You have to either raise the tub several inches of break the floor and move drain to correct location.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 18, 2009, 11:56 AM
    You have options here. The easiest would be tosimply platform the tub and pipe to the trap. However, the best plumbing practice would be to move the trap and raiser.
    Check with your local Building Department about platforming the tub and dog legging the drain to the trap. Good luck, tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 12:55 PM

Tom: I like your version of answer lot better !:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maybe I am just venting, maybe not [ 1 Answers ]

Ugh, so I generally try not to talk about me. Well, you know what I mean, I don't give the personal information about things that really bother me, because generally things don't really bother me. I am so the type to break up with someone if I know a relationship is stagnant and never look back...

Wet venting [ 2 Answers ]

I was looking at a picture showing a wet vent for lavatory and the tub(both)... Is both OK? And is tub at least for venting purposes same as a shower unit? The vent comes down between the toilet and tub picking the lav drain first then proceeds to 2" line from tub to toilet then out. How far back...

Venting a wet bar [ 1 Answers ]

I am adding a wet bar in my basement.Can someone help me with the way I should vent this.I do have an existing vent from other fixtures in the house.

Venting [ 4 Answers ]

I have a two part question. 1.This is new construction and I have a question related to the venting. I have a 3” horizontal pipe installed between to floor joist. Attached to this pipe is a shower (seperate), bathtub(seperate) and toilet. This is how I have laid it out starting at the end of...

Tub Venting? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, I'm rebuilding a 1920's bathroom from the floor joist and studs, the question I have is the 1 1/2" Tub Over Flow ties into the trap which then ties into a 3" stack with a 3x3x1-1/2" Sanitary Tee. Do I need to install a vent in for the tub if the trap is 12" away from the stack? ...

View more questions Search