Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dkcustis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 02:41 PM
    Carrier 10 SEER split system heat pump, Model 38YCC
    I have a 7 year old Carrier 10 SEER split System Heat Pump, Model 38YCC. I asked the local Carrier Installer whether it is a single stage or multi-stage unit, so I can buy a new programmable thermostat appropriate for my unit.
    The Carrier installer rep I spoke with said it's a multi-stage unit, but I question whether the unit is multi-stage.
    The unit has only one compressor. I don't how many strip heaters are in the air handler.
    Can anyone help me? Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 14, 2008, 02:45 PM
    Yep just buy a 2 stage thermostat. The reason is the heat pump is one stage and the electric heaters in the inside air handler is the second stage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C Repair or replace? SEER 12 or 19? A/C or Heat Pump? [ 3 Answers ]

Have you ever studied up on something, and the more information you got, the more confused you became? That's where I am on an air conditioning problem I have. Here's the story: We recently bought an eleven year old home we plan to stay in the rest of our lives (20 years or more). This past...

Carrier heat pump [ 14 Answers ]

I Have A Carrier Heat Pump Moel #38ycb036300 That Was Working Fine Yesterday. Today It Will Not Come On. Thermostat Is Okay. What Should I Look For, Is Their Any Problem Parts In Extreme Heat? I Used It On And Off For The Last Two Days After A Six Month Rest. Minor Usage For The Heat This Winter....

Sparks seen in split system heat pump [ 2 Answers ]

The problem presented itself when the fuse blew 3mo ago that was connected to our TRANE split system heat pump TWR030C100A0 on 3 separate occasions. We flipped the breakerand everything switched back on and held for weeks at a time. This last time it would not stay on. We replaced the fuse and...

Carrier heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, How can you tell how old the unit is by the model or serial number? Serial is #3996e24342, model # is 38ycb03030300. Thanks!! spence

Carrier split - heat burners cycle on and off [ 7 Answers ]

Carrier split unit in heat mode appears to basically operate OK. Once the pilot is lit and the burners come on, the pilot remains lit but the burners will intermittently cycle on and off. This appears to sometimes delay the blower from turning on. Once the blower turns on, it heats to the set temp...

View more questions Search