Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slicric66 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 10:27 AM
    Kenmore dryer won't run
    I have a Kenmore dryer (110.60096990) that won't start. It make a noise like it wants to but the drum won't turn. Any ideas. I'm pretty handy and could prob fix but can't even figure out how to open it. Please help
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 10:33 AM
    Could be the motor is bad. If the motor is running but the drum not turning, the belt could be broken. Open unit up and do some checking. Post back for further help once you can accually see what's going on
    slicric66 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by slicric66
    I have a Kenmore dryer (110.60096990) that wont start. It make a noise like it wants to but the drum wont turn. Any ideas. I'm pretty handy and could prob fix but can't even figure out how to open it. Please help
    Do you know how to open it up? Front or back?
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 10:58 AM
    Is yours a 27" or 29"? Do you have a kick plate on the front?
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 11:14 AM
    Remove the end caps from the console. Remove the 2 screws at the corner of the console. Flip up the console.Remove 3 screws and slide the cabinet forward and lift Remove the kickplate. About 3" from each side is a spring catch. Push in on them with a putty knife. Remove the screws holding the door hinges. Tilt door up and pull to remove. Remove the door switch screws and ground wire screw. Remove any other screws holding front panel. YOu should now be able to access all interal componets

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

16.5 briggs won't run [ 4 Answers ]

16.5 Briggs ohv won't run has gas but won't run if I spray starter fluid it will run briefly this engine has a fuel solenoid under the fuel bowl. Rich

Tiller won't run [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Mantis tiller and it won't stay runnuing. It dies when I squeeze the throttle.

Kenmore Dryer 417.84252500 won't run [ 1 Answers ]

I have a similar problem to one posted by another user and I can't seem to find the answer to their question at this website. Perhaps it hasn't been answered yet. Background: The dryer was purchased new in Jan 2006 and has had very light use. It's used in a weekend home we only visit a few days...

Kenmore he4 panel won't work and dryer won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have had the circuit board/panel replaced once on my he4. I had only 2 weeks left on the warranty and figured it should be OK once it was fixed. They wanted another $200 to renew the warranty! Didn't have the $$ at the time. Anyway, the same darn thing is happening... you have to push the buttons...

My snapper mower won't run right [ 1 Answers ]

I have a snapper riding mower the thing runs but it isn't running right I need help on how to adjust the carb on this stupid thing

View more questions Search