Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flawfull but hopeful!x Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2006, 12:46 PM
    Hyper-pigmentation that I desperately want to get rid of!
    Hi, my skin has always been uneven around my mouth and I have dark under eyes so kind of think its hereditary. But then I went to australia and didn't protect myself from the sun and a few months after return I began to experience darker patches around my chin / mouth areas. And each year it worsens slightly when the sun comes out. Its my main insecurity and often depresses me because I would do anything to have an even skin tone. However although I am willing to do anything, and pay relatively anything (within reason obviously) and I'm not bothered about how long it takes as I don't mind being patient for good skin - I don't want to try loads of different products which might have side effects or make it worse so was wondering if anyone had any suggestion to what is good and what is not and what I need to be aware of when researching these treatment/products. I don't have faith in much I read due to false promotion of many products when they don't actually do anything and have really concerned about negative effects of treatments/products, so I will find it extremely useful, via this website to get real testimonials that can help me make sense of all that is out there and which products could actually help me have clear skin... the truth is I don't think there is anything and that makes me upset so I just want to know if there is anything out there and does it really really really work. Please help me!:)
    Littlegenie Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2006, 07:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by flawfull but hopeful!x
    hi, my skin has always been uneven around my mouth and i have dark under eyes so kinda think its hereditary. but then i went to australia and didnt protect myself from the sun and a few months after return i began to experience darker patches around my chin / mouth areas. and each year it worsens slightly when the sun comes out. its my main insecurity and often depresses me cos i would do anything to have an even skin tone. however although i am willing to do anything, and pay relatively anything (within reason obviously) and im not bothered about how long it takes as i dont mind being patient for good skin - i dont want to try loads of different products which might have side effects or make it worse so was wondering if anyone had any suggestion to what is good and what is not and what i need to be aware of when researching these treatment/products. I dont have faith in much i read due to false promotion of many products when they dont actually do anything and have really concerned about negative effects of treatments/products, so i will find it extremely useful, via this website to get real testimonials that can help me make sense of all that is out there and which products could actually help me have clear skin.... the truth is i dont think there is anything and that makes me upset so i just want to know if there is anything out there and does it really really really work. pls help me!:)
    Are you using any sun protection to prevent further damage? I mean you don't want it getting any worse.
    Also I don't know your personal condition but my 9 year old daughter has always had darker skin around her mouth, eyes and nose. I had some blood tests done and it turned out she was anamic and is currently on iron supplements. These seemed to have improved her skin a lot since she started to take them but she is very prone to tanning if she stays out a lot in summer. I protect her with the highest SPF I can get.

Maybe you could implement a weekly beauty routine just before bed where you use a facial scrub, followed by a rich moisturizer and protect your skin from the sun everyday.

I also drink a Whey protein shake just before bed as part of my skin care routine. It must be doing something because some people still mistake me for a 19-20 year old. Whey contains all the amino acids our skin needs to repair itself and modern diets just cannot give us the protein we need to do this. By drinking it just before bed on an empty stomach forces your body to absorb the protein (ingest) while it is in the stomach, thereby using the proteins readily available for tissue repair.

Well I could write tonnes more but I don't want to bore you so I hope this post has helped.:p
    bobsplace Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Oct 12, 2006, 05:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by flawfull but hopeful!x
    hi, my skin has always been uneven around my mouth and i have dark under eyes so kinda think its hereditary. but then i went to australia and didnt protect myself from the sun and a few months after return i began to experience darker patches around my chin / mouth areas. and each year it worsens slightly when the sun comes out. its my main insecurity and often depresses me cos i would do anything to have an even skin tone. however although i am willing to do anything, and pay relatively anything (within reason obviously) and im not bothered about how long it takes as i dont mind being patient for good skin - i dont want to try loads of different products which might have side effects or make it worse so was wondering if anyone had any suggestion to what is good and what is not and what i need to be aware of when researching these treatment/products. I dont have faith in much i read due to false promotion of many products when they dont actually do anything and have really concerned about negative effects of treatments/products, so i will find it extremely useful, via this website to get real testimonials that can help me make sense of all that is out there and which products could actually help me have clear skin.... the truth is i dont think there is anything and that makes me upset so i just want to know if there is anything out there and does it really really really work. pls help me!:)
    I highly recommend you get the advise of a licensed esthetician who will be able to advise you on the latest medically tested and FDA approved treatments for your skin condition. Please consider filling out the questionnaire at http://avantgardeantiaging.com/html/questionnaire.html I have used their free service and as a result I have completely eliminated my age spots ( I'm 68) on both my face and my hands using non-surgical methods recommended by AvantGarde. I swear by them. At least give them a try. It doesn't cost anyting to get the best advise available. I'm like you, I diidnot want to try everything in the drug store and find out most didn't work. And, the prices in the drug store are pretty high too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Desperately need help! [ 12 Answers ]

I'm looking for an old 1980's (I think) movie that I saw on TV when I was little. It was about a bunch of mostly kids going into space. There was one Blonde woman who was the Doctor. At the beginning of the movie two of the guys one short redhead and a taller brunette went to Mc donalds to eat....

Pigmentation problem [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My face color is dark than my body color which is fair. My neck is fair and it looks weird when I see my face dark. I have pigmentation near checks and lips. They are not bad but yes quiet visible. I am using Pond's face wash and U.V AVO sunscreen cream. Please do suggest me something good...

Hyper pigmentation under my underarms [ 2 Answers ]

:eek: I have been very self conscious about the hyper pigmentation under my underarms for years and I wondered about everything from expensive to inexpensive, I just want to know what would really help me fast and safe. Thanks Oh so much!

Desperately need help [ 15 Answers ]

Hello – I am new to this forum, and feel very confused. I first met my wife in 1997, on the Internet. We were both 35 at the time. I had just ended a two year relationship that was very emotionally intense, but also quite volatile. I dated no one for 3 months before meeting my current wife. ...

Desperately want to get pregnant this month [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this side.. my problem is,. I have my period start at 5thdec and stop 7thdec.. me and my husband try to conceive one year but have no result.. he is working at another state, so we only have to stay together only this month. So I want to get pregnant this month.. we are healthy...

View more questions Search