Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikkj86 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2010, 09:54 PM
    an item that cost $90 is sold for $120. The gross profit ratio for this item is?
    an item that cost $90 is sold for $120... the gross profit ratio for this item is?

I understand that GP = revenue - cost of goods sold
    mikkj86 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2010, 09:56 PM

I estimated it to be 25% because revenue ($120) - cost of goods sold is $30 /$120 = 25%
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2010, 09:17 PM

That's correct.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculate cost of goods sold, ending inventory, & gross profit for LIFO, FIFO & [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have tried this example several times but do not seem to get the correct answer . I would appreciate your help with this one. Thanks: Twin Co. is a retailer operating which uses the perpetual inventory method. All sales returns from customers result in the goods being returned to...

Changing text of a listbox item to match item above [ 1 Answers ]

I need this code to be able to take the time out of an item in a list box and replace the time of the item under. The code then needs to take the time in brackets at the end of the item and add it to the end of that time also. e.g. this program is meant to be used for a bakery to tell them what...

Cost of goods sold and gross profit [ 1 Answers ]

Need help computing cost of goods sold and gross profit under FIFO, LIFO, Average cost. Beginning inventory 20 rolls @ $200, Purchase 8 rolls @ 300, Sale 15 rolls @ 500.

Sold item Online and now it doesn't work [ 6 Answers ]

My husband received 2 central air units from work - (we were under the impression they were both new - we sold one for 1200 and the other for 1100 through Kijiji as they were too big for our house. I Provided 2nd buyer with receipt for amount paid. Receipt only said Central Air Unit - no...

View more questions Search