Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cowboy65109 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 12:15 PM
    Is there any free small business grants or grants for felons
    I'm an ex-felon trying to get on with my life and become a possitive person for myself and my children and for the comity that I live in is there any kind of grants I can get to open up a business I would only need about 10,000 to have everything up and going
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 17, 2008, 12:41 PM
    Normally no, there are grants to non profit groups for job training, to assist with housing.
    You may wish to check out the small business admin web site for suggestions on loans and other funding
    Jillian Wheeler Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Aug 9, 2008, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy65109
    i'm an ex-felon trying to get on with my life and become a possitive person for my self and my children and for the comity that i live in is there any kind of grants i can get to open up a business I would only need about 10,000 to have everything up and going
    I'd recommend you check out the Small Business Administration site, at www.sba.gov. While you are there, take a look at the Microloan programs, which are great for small businesses that need under $40,000.

Unfortunately, there really aren't very many grants to start or grow a business, despite all the promises you see on the Internet. Some cities and states offer "economic development" programs, so it's worth checking to see if those exist in your area.

Of course, there are grants for projects that benefit the community, and many people have started such projects and created jobs for themselves.

Best of luck,

Jillian
    rednekwizard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2010, 10:56 AM
    The sba will not give grants or loans to felons, they consider them to be too risky

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grants for felons [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 50 year old professional who has a 10 year old drug possession felony On my record--my skills qualify me to become a small business consultant Helping small businesses use proven business practices and modern technology To grow and prosper. I would like to start my own small business...

GRANTS for felons [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a 23 year old women who made a few wrong decisions in the past that lead me to incarceration . I have been released one year and still haven't found a job with my "HONEST" resume. My question is can felons get Grants to go back to School!! I guess that's my only option.

Grants for felons [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Idaho and I am trying to locate a reliable source for obtaining a business grant. I have seen several ads, but none have worked out.

Grants for felons [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any grants for felons? And if so.. how do I apply for them

View more questions Search