Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carebear0550 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

Jan 16, 2013, 08:20 PM
    What do YOU do?
    These questions are for an assignment to see what most people did to help out with these things,or ideas (see #4)
    1. What do you do for your community, and what did you do when you were 10 - 15?
    2. What do you do for your school/ What did you do when you were 10 -15?
    3. What do you do on a local level, and what did you do when you were 10 - 15?
    4. What are your dreams for social change at local and global levels? What about when you were 10 - 15?
    jbhl Posts: 55, Reputation: 6

Jan 16, 2013, 09:00 PM
    Ooooh how interesting!

1. I volunteer every other week, on a Saturday with a company that teaches children with autism or behavioral eccentricities how to correctly behave and give them a learning environment filled with love and patience. When I was 8-17 I was a girlscout, so I did things like volunteer with Choc, do clothes drives with Salvation Army, and beach clean ups for awards like Badges or the Silver Award.

2. In college, I do absolutely nothing for my school nor do I ever intend to. In my girlscout years, I collected those box tops and soda can toppers for fundraising for things like pencil boxes x) and COOKIES.

3. I do absolutely nothing for my local area except support the economy by eating out and buying the occasional pack of gum. Like I said, I volunteered a lot and did a lot of litter picking, graffiti cleaning, and things like that... for badges.

4. I hope for the LGBT group to be socially acceptable the way colored peoples were accepted by the white people. When multicultural and biracial marriages are as common as homosexual marriages. I hope for educated opinions and say-it-only-if-it-needs-to-be-heard and not say-it-because-you-want-to people. I hope for mo' moneys and mo' honeys. I hope for world hunger to be cured because in America it is impossible to starve to death because no one is willing to help. I hope for a something like a vaccine for cancer. When I was 10-15, I'd have said "world peace" and "mindfulness of the world around you" or something not-so-smart sounding but along those lines.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 16, 2013, 10:51 PM
    1. We held free concerts for other youth in the community, painted some old down town buildings to improve the area.

2.We picked and held protests to try and force equal rights for girls at the school.

3. supported protests and went to rallys for equal rights of blacks and women.

4. at teen years, we dreamed of a time when all people would be treated equal, with none having more rights than the other
    carebear0550 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

Jan 17, 2013, 03:10 PM
    Thanks =D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search