Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    petronics Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 07:31 PM
    Philips projection TV mod#50P8341A faded video with all the picture setting balanced
    Please explian probable cause to rectify problem of faint video on a Philips projection TV model#50P8341A all pictue setting adjusted
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2010, 08:20 PM

Was this sudden, or was this gradual? Is this on all video inputs? Have you tried other connections/devices?
    diddyman023 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2011, 10:59 AM
    Comment on FadedMaster's post
    Well on mine this happened over a period
    jcicil Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2011, 06:52 AM
    I've been researching this problem myself and the majority of opinions are that the CRT coolant needs changed. It becomes cloudy over time resulting in a dull, blurred image. Kits are available to do it yourself for about $70.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Colors Do Not Line Up on Philips Projection TV [ 2 Answers ]

Colors Do Not Line Up on Philips Projection TV The big screen TV we inhereted works and turns on and you can watch movies on it, but the colors are off. The colors look like they don't line up with each other like the yellow and the blue and it creates a shadowing affect of the image instead of...

Malfunctioning Philips HD projection TV [ 2 Answers ]

I was watching my projection television when the video feed suddenly went off. The set is connected to a cable subscription (Time Warner) but it is not connected to the cable box. This set is in a bedroom. I still had the audio signal. That was not interrupted at all. When I thought the input...

Philips projection TV picture and colors bow at top and bottom [ 1 Answers ]

I have a philips rear projection TV and the top and bottom of screen bows distorting the color and picture. I used to be able to adjust the picture with the remote but it doesn't work now,and was wondering if it needs an an ajustment or a new lamp.

Philips projection TV [ 4 Answers ]

I need help or information to help me fix my philips projection TV, the color is all messed up, the whites are too bright and the other colors are only purple and pink... :( :o Does anyone know if there is an adjustment for this? Thank you for any information..

View more questions Search