Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lonnieee9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 08:27 PM
    Add name to home deed
    Need to add name to home deed,there is no lean on home its free and clear.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 19, 2008, 08:33 PM
    Are you sure you NEED to add it, why, We ask since if you read here you will find people who greatly regreat adding someone.

How do you wish to add them as joint, joint with survivialship, percent owner ?

But having a title company write up a new deed and file it will be simple to do. Now some issues if they are not paying for it, there could be issues of a "gift"
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Mar 20, 2008, 05:57 AM
    Near the top of the Real Estate Law forum is a sticky post that explains how to add someone to a deed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Add a name to a home deed [ 12 Answers ]

How do I add my daughters name to the deed on my home

How do I add another name to the deed on my home? [ 7 Answers ]

How do I add another name to the deed on my home?

How to add someone to your deed [ 0 Answers ]

Thank you L. for sharing this: To add a person to a deed you must prepare a new deed with all current owners listed as the seller, and all current owners plus the new person listed as the buyer. Then you must insert the legal description of the property. All current owners must sign the deed...

Need to add my name to home deed [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I got married last year, but our home (although it is only in his name) was purchased in Aug. 2004. How do we go about adding my name to the title and deed in GA? The house is financed in his name only and I would like to keep it that way. Will it be a problem to just add my name...

View more questions Search