Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michael_martin22 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Other than honorable discharge
    I'm currently in the military, and I've been diagnosed with a personality disorder, they are chaptering me out because of this, but my packet is at JAG, and it's been kicked back twice already. I'm getting really impatient and me and my wife really need to go back home. We are currently in germany, newly weds, 19 years old. And it's too much on us. I'm thinking about just doing something craazy to get an other than honorable discharge, so they will send us home asap. Will I be able to get a good job with an other than honorable discharge? Anybody... thanks.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 01:09 PM
    You should really wait for your packet to come back.

I got discharged from the Navy, Other than Honorable, with Honorable conditions. I do not have a problem getting a job, but if I were you I would still wait.

Are you looking at getting any disability or severance? If so, you will need to wait for your packet to come back. If you don't, you won't get anything.
    indianajones280 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Most jobs won't ask to see a dd214 but you could not tell them you were even in either. I went awol after being prolonged on the medical discharge. Last year I made $53,000 and I'm 25 now no one there knows what discharge I had, I told them it was medical and that was the reason NOBODY checks it. It doesn't hold you back whatsoever. Unless you may get benefits or you have a desire for the Law Enforcement field, and that varies.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 11, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Yes wait, many jobs may at some point and time require a national security clearnance, and it will show up.
    Plus if you need treatment for this latter you will need the clear discharge

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discharge [ 3 Answers ]

I have a problem, that lately I get discharge during sex, which is very gross and unattractive. What do I have to do to get rid of it?

Discharge, discharge, discharge [ 1 Answers ]

:rolleyes: I have detected my LH surge with a home ovulation kit but I have not seen very much of the egg white discharge. I detected it this morning and the morning before but I did not see the discharge throughout the day. I had intercourse the two nights before I noticed the discharge so could...

Discharge [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying for a baby. We had sex lastnight. However, today I had a light brownish yellow discharge? What does it mean? (I already had my period). I am also a bit crappy. Thanks for listening!

Discharge help! [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, so I'm 14 and lately there has been A lot of white discharge, sometimes really thick, sometimes not. Now all of a sudden it's turned into a dark brown discharge (not period like) and last month I got my peroid twice if that makes any difference. I'm confused!

View more questions Search