Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Feb 10, 2013, 08:19 AM
    To Brew That Perfect Cup of Coffee?
    I have a 12 cup Coffee Brewer and like a medium to dark flavored brand of coffee.. If I have to grind the coffee bean 1st I generally fill the grinder to just covering the blades.. Already ground I add 6 scoops to the basket ( 6 scoops X 2 mugs of coffee = 12 cups ).. I have some friends who simply have to have a spoon stand up in their coffee, total waste I say.. I like to savor the flavor but at the price of flavored coffee beans on the market I'm not about to waste... btw the plastic scoop I use is one of those from a kitchen novelty shop / about the size of a tablespoon... Your thoughts on a proper measurement, Thanks
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2013, 09:17 AM
    I follow the manufacturer's directions - that seems to work for me.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 10, 2013, 12:44 PM
    12 cups on a coffee pot is really only 72 ounces. All my coffee mugs are 8 oz or more.
    Anyway, I pay no attention to the directions and go by what I like. I buy expensive ground coffee, various dark roasts like French, and use only a rounded quarter cup for a whole pot. That's about 5 tablespoons. Probably too weak for some people. But the more you make, the less per oz you need, because the water is running through the grounds more and extracting more.

Plus I threw out my coffee machine. Smelled like burnt plastic no matter what. I heat water to just below boiling in a stainless pot and pour it over the coffee that is in a wide stainless tea strainer that has a fine mesh.
    Rockstar714 Posts: 441, Reputation: 44

Jul 9, 2013, 04:05 PM
    When I worked at Starbucks it was 2 tablespoons for every 6 oz, that's what I still use at home. It makes good strong coffee.
    SpaParts Posts: 48, Reputation: 3

Dec 1, 2013, 11:16 PM
    2 tablespoons for six is a fair proportion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I drink my coffee from a tin cup what's the name of song or who sings it [ 3 Answers ]

I wann know the name the song or who sings it with the lyrics idrink my coffee from a tin cup

How many spoonfuls of coffee ground should I use to make the perfect cup of coffee? [ 32 Answers ]

Hi guys! This may be a dumb questions but I just want to know how all of you make your coffee. The way I make mine... I usually go by how many cups I'm making. For example, if I make 6 cups of coffee, I'll put in 12 spoonfuls of coffee ground. Basically I use 2 spoonfuls per cup. Sometimes I...

Better than a second cup of coffee! [ 2 Answers ]

Hearing Aid Danger Having lost most of his hearing a number of years ago, this elderly man goes to the doctor to be fitted with hearing aids which promise to allow him to hear 100%. A month later, he returns to the doctor for a check up on his progress. The doctor tells him that his hearing is...

View more questions Search