Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinytot_46052 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2008, 11:39 AM
    Not romantic
    I have been with my boyfriend for over 7 years. We have one child together and we each have one from a previous relationship. He has never been romantic even when I have asked him to be. He always has his friends over at our house and never seems to hang out with me and kids. For Valentines day, his friends were over and didn't leave until late. By the time I went to bed, we hadn't spoken but 5 minutes. I am sick of always having to tell him to think about me. What should I do? I have left him in the past and he always cries and says he will change. He only changes for a week or two...
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2008, 11:49 AM
    I think people are mostly wired as they are... meaning, for ex... this valentines day I made an arrangement for my wife and then I took a really cool pic of it and framed it for her for work... I personally think it was pretty good on the artistic side...

She loved the flowers, but said nothing about the pic... and this has happened before... where I think something I've done or made for her is awesome and she thinks... well I don't know... not worth saying two words about.

So what to do? I know how she is. That doesn't keep me from trying. And that doesn't mean she is wrong. I think she just likes different things than I do... and I'm willing to miss the mark sometimes. She knows I'm trying, and I know she is just wired the way she is.

How does this relate to you?

At some point you need to either accept him or leave him. Done.

Its not easy. Its not fun. But he doesn't need to be "wired" the same as you.

If you feel neglected or unfulfilled, you need to think about stepping back. But if you stay, knowing he is how he is, you have chosen to accept this.

So time to make peace or make a go of it without him.

Ew all need to find our own kind of weird... most of the time its not a perfect match. But how boring it would be if it were.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The most romantic thing ever. [ 6 Answers ]

Hey I'm just bored but I think this is a question that will get some cute answers. Okay, what's the most romantic thing that you've done or that someone did for you? :)

Romantic ideas. [ 5 Answers ]

Help! I'm not so great at doing super sweet/romantic things for my husband. I really want to do something for him that he'll never forget. I've written the occasional poem, left a few quotes around for him to find, and little letters saying I love him - any ideas on what I could do?

Romantic CD [ 4 Answers ]

Im looking for advice on any romantic songs cd, Hubby and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary June 8th and we are going away to a very secluded cabin in the woods:D Does anyone know of a collection or love songs/romantic make out music that is really good? Thanks. Amy

Romantic Future [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! My name is Sarah (20.01.84). I am a young, single & attractive girl. I haven't had a partner in what seems like forever and am getting quite lonely. :-[ Can anyone tell me what lies ahead? Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search