Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    summer6726 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Backwards Hot and Cold
    I just replaced my Moen single handle cartridge and all was well until I turned on the water and the hot and cold are backwards... I turn to hot and it's cold.. I turn to cold and it's hot... how can I fix this?? :cool: Thanks, Christine P.S. It is for my bathtub
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 06:35 PM
    Take the handle off he faucet cartridge and turn the stem one half of a turn replace the handle and see if things are not right.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Mar 30, 2007, 06:43 PM
    I am not familiar with the Moen single handle you have, am not a plumber, but see if this works, there should be a thin perhaps decorative cover on the very front of handle. Usually you can take a thin instrument such as a knife and pry it off thus exposing a screw, take the screw off, but before you pull the handle off, notice how it's installed, upside down or right side up and then put it back on the other way and reattach the handle by using the screw. There's a plumber here known as Speedball and he's been helpful to others here. So if you need help in a hurry, send him a private note in case he doesn't read your question. Let me know if you solved the problem and how if you don't mind.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2007, 07:02 PM
    Yeah, just take it apart and turn it upside down. The site discourages asking questions by PM or email.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/announ...-pm-45757.html
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 09:46 PM
    There's a plumber here known as Speedball and he's been helpful to others here. So if you need help in a hurry, send him a private note in case he doesn't read your question. Let me know if you solved the problem and how if you don't mind.
    Y'know, there are enough qualified experts posting here to negate the need to constantly pester Tom with run-of-the-mill questions via PM's.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 31, 2007, 05:26 AM
    speedball1
    Plumbing Expert Join Date: Jan 2003

Re: Hot and Cold backwards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by summer6726
    Hey speedball,

I got my Moen single handle bathtub thing changed and it all went great until I turned on the tub and the hot is cold and the cold is hot... what have I done wrong?? Thank you so much for your knowledge and help! It's really nice to talk with someone who knows their from a hole in the ground. Have a great day. Christine

Good mjorning Christine,

You will be happy to learn that you did nothing wrong.
    Simply remove the handle and reverse the cartridge stem 180 degrees. This will put the cold water on the right, hot on the left and make everything right in the world. Have a great weekend! Tom

If my answer helped, please click Rate this Answer below. Thanks!
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2007, 06:18 AM
    Lots of good advice but let's be a bit more specific:
    Moen chateau- pulls out to turn on and turns left to right to change temperature. This type you can simply remove the handle and spin the brass spindle on the cartridge 180 degrees to change hot and cold.
    Moen positemp- turns right to left to turn on cold then turning on warm then hot. This type you must remove the whole cartridge and rotate the whole cartridge 180 degrees to change hot and cold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New mains shower, reasonably new Combi-boiler, but hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold shower! [ 4 Answers ]

I've recently had a new bathroom put in, with a mains shower (used to be electric). But now my shower keeps running hot-cold-hot-cold every minute or so. My bath tap and sink tap in the bathroom are running fine, it's just the shower. I was told this shouldn't happen as I have a combi-boiler but...

Taking the pill backwards [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend just realized she was taking the pill backwards. Does it still work. Or was it useless. Please write back so I can sleep.

Hot or Cold? [ 3 Answers ]

The above was a PM I got from Master Sergeant: I wanted to post it here in case any of you had the same question. Cold is used for acute injury (acute meaning sudden injury) such as a sprain or swelling. It will help contract the veins and bring down swelling and pain. It should be used...

Sometimes hot sometimes cold [ 1 Answers ]

I have an electric furnace and it has started to blow cold air. I replaced the batteries in the thermostat and the warm air came back until it heated up to the set temperature then when the house cooled back down and the furnace came back on it would only blow cool air again. I changed the...

View more questions Search