Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gladiator2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Scar due to wart removal on penis?
    Hi everybody.

I had a tiny genital wart on the shaft of my penis for a few months, it was not very large (maybe 2mm in diameter) and at first my home doctor did not know it was a wart, so after a few weeks I went to a dermatologist who said it was a wart, and froze it off. She told me it would harden and darken and then after a 7-8 days the crust/wart would fall off. However, after 4 days I kind of peeled it off (maybe stupidly) and it did go off, but it was a bit of raw skin.

Now though, 2 months ahead, there is still a scar which does not seem to be going away and I really don't like it. Its about 8-9mm in diameter and in the center where the wart was it is paler.

Do you know whether this will go away? If not can it go away via some other means (cream?) or..

Thanks for any help,
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 23, 2008, 09:26 AM
    You probably did the wrong thing by peeling the wart off, leaving scar tissue. Is it important that it go away ? It probably will in time but it isn't an area that gets defoliated very often. It really didn't make any difference just leaving it alone and letting it disappear naturally as the doctor said. But we are picky people who can't leave well enough alone.
    Gladiator2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 12:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    You probably did the wrong thing by peeling the wart off, leaving scar tissue. Is it important that it go away ? It probably will in time but it isnt an area that gets defoliated very often. It really didnt make any difference just leaving it alone and letting it disappear naturally as the doctor said. But we are picky people who can't leave well enough alone.
    Thanks for replying. Yea you're right, looking back in retrospect it was a very stupid thing to do..

Any idea whether I should help with a cream or would that interfere with the natural defoliating? Or just go see a doctor about it? I do find it quite annoying and embarrassing when I engage in a sexual relationship...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 23, 2008, 02:00 PM
    I don't think there is anything you can do for the scar tissue, gladiator, but I would think scar tissue on a penis would be a really great idea and a... mmmm... added feature... :p
    meagank Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Aug 23, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Do you have a follow uop apt with the doctor for this if not then I would make one and see what they say about it and let them know what you did when wateing for the scab to fall off

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Scar removal [ 16 Answers ]

I have scars which I got by peeling my acne the scars are on ma biceps and my chest and face they are dark brownish scars can someone tell me a cream or a technique which is useful for getting rid of these ugly scars

Brown scar on penis [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm 26 years old and was circumcised at birth I have what looks like a brown scar or ring that goes completely around my penis its about a half inch behind the head its always been there as long as I can remember, was this caused by the circumcision? Also I've noticed in the last couple of...

Scar removal [ 1 Answers ]

I have a indented scar on my face which I received while on life support. The scar is from pressure of wires used to hold my breathing mask in. It's been three month now and the line is still very noticeable. Does anyone know of any procedure that I could undertake to diminish this unsightly...

Wart at base of penis? [ 7 Answers ]

OK so I'm 18 and I have never had any kind of sex. At all. For a while now I have had these little bumps on the base and kind of going up the shaft of my penis but I'm almost 100% sure they are "hair glands" or whatever. Today I noticed a "lump" at the base of my penis, almost like a wart. It...

Scar removal [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a scar removal that can remove my old scars?

View more questions Search