Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Walters Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 08:59 AM
    Goodman Furnace ignition not occurring
    Hello everyone, I have a GMP075-4 Goodman gas heating & air conditioning that comes on but no ignition occurs. I have done the minor troubleshooting process written on the instruction sheet but that didn't help. I turned off the power supply to the furnace and turned off the ignition switch and left it for five minutes and powered it up but the ignition didn't occur. I'm confused on what next to do. I don't want to call in a professional only to find out that it was something minor I could have checked myself. Please does anyone know what could be wrong?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2007, 12:12 PM
    Is this hot surface ignition? Does the ignitor glow?
    Walters Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 02:37 PM
    Actually the Ignitor does not glow. I also took your advice and scheduled an apt. with a pro. Thank you very much!
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2007, 02:40 PM
    Ignitor might be bad, or the pressure switch, isn't even letting the cycle get that far to turn it on. Probably just a bad ignitor the repair bill should be less than $200 with the trip charge.
    turbonut48 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 06:33 PM
    I had the same symptoms, my pressure switch line was blocked with lint. I was getting a blocked outlet, no exhaust flow trouble signal.
    Another time it would fire for a couple seconds, then shut down. It was the flame sensor. I removed and steel wooled it. Fired right up after that.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2010, 06:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Walters View Post
    Actually the Ignitor does not glow. I also took your advice and scheduled an apt. with a pro. Thank you very much!

If you are careful you can pull the igniter out and inspect, you will see a darker burned spot with a very small crack init if its bad,, be careful they are very fragile,, if so you could fix yourself for around 50 bucks if you can get them to sell you the part
    jehomie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2012, 10:41 AM
    Goodman GMP 050-3 will not start up. Indicator glows red, temp set at 80, room temp is 75. Pressure switch works.

Oct 23, 2012, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jehomie View Post
    Goodman GMP 050-3 will not start up. indicator glows red, temp set at 80, room temp is 75. pressure switch works.
    Jumpered red and white thermostat leads and guess what? The damn thing works!! Many thanks to your site.

Oct 23, 2012, 10:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jehomie View Post
    Jumpered red and white thermostat leads and guess what? The damn thing works!!! Many thanks to your site.
    "letmetellu" gave me the check I needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

How old is my Goodman furnace and how efficient is it? Model GUEQ80-4REVS Serial #910482720

Goodman Furnace -takes 2 Or 3 Ignition Cycles before Stays Running [ 2 Answers ]

Hi,hope you can help me out.i have a goodman manufacturing forced air furnace that i believe is giving me a warning sign of a future failure.what has happened is in this order,1st one morning the thermostat showed that the furnace was on and it was'nt.turned it off and then back on at the...

Goodman Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

What does A three blink code on a Goodman 80 plus gas furnace mean

Goodman Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

I have a six year old Goodman Furnace that will not kick on or even begin the start up cycle. Last year I replaced the ignitor and checked it out today and looks fine. Any obvious place I should start to determine the issue? Thanks Jim

Goodman furnace [ 17 Answers ]

I have a goodman furnace. Forced air. No a/c. I turn the power on and she starts. Thermostat is off. No wires are crossed that are visible. The pilot does not ignite but the heating element is on. No gas seems to be coming through. Any suggestions? The furnace is only a year and a half old.

View more questions Search