Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VLynn123 Posts: 35, Reputation: 5

Feb 18, 2006, 06:35 AM
    Help, doxie sick
    Help,
    I have a 1-1/2 year old Doxie, Nina. She's sick and need advice. The other day, she slept throughout the day and night. The only time she'll get up is when we took her out to potty. She didn't even get up to eat or drink anything. The next day she slept throughout the day. She finally ate a little bit and dranked some water. After a period of 7 hours, she vomited 6 times. She is also shaking. She's not sneezing or coughing. Please help, I'm willing to try anything to make her feel better.:(
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2006, 06:51 AM
    Hi,
    Please take her to a Vet NOW!
    Shaking could mean loss of strength, or high fever with chills. When they don't feel well, or hurt, it's normal for them to want to be left alone by themselves, or sleep as much as they can.
    Vomiting is not a good sign. Please take her to a Vet.
    I do wish you and she the very best, and only a Vet willl know what to do.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Feb 18, 2006, 06:57 AM
    At this point it has been 48 hours you need to get you Doxie to a veterinarian right away, we here at ask me help can not diagnose a pet on line. Simile thing yes, but not eating vomiting and shaking, to me these are signs that would warrant a trip to the vet.

Vomiting is a symptom of stomach, intestinal, kidney, liver, and other diseases along with an intestinal blockage and parasites.

The shaking could be a sign of dehydrations, fever

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mini Doxie [ 2 Answers ]

I have a mini Doxie who will be 11 months old shortly. She is just finishing up her first heat which has been 3 weeks. Her nipples are still swoolen and her bottom as well, but not nearly as much. The blood is gone. I've been told that when they go "clear" that is when they are fertile. How...

Doxie still sick [ 1 Answers ]

I know I wrote about my dog before, Nina, a 1-1/2 year old mini doxie whose been sick for 4 weeks now. Monday she went through her 2nd surgery in one week. They removed most of her salvary(sp) gland and is biopsy on her lymph node for cancer. The doctor believes that Nina will get better on a...

Surgery on my doxie [ 2 Answers ]

It's me again, I took my dog (1-1/2 year old mini doxie) to the vet because of vomiting, dehydration, not eating or drinking. That was 2-1/2 weeks ago and I'm still dealing with issues. She's eating and drinking without vomiting. She's very lathargic and she's very nasil. When she breathes it...

Ack, one more question about my doxie [ 1 Answers ]

I will be moving back into my parents house in about a month or so, and they have two dogs, a male yorkie and a female shnauzer (forgive my spelling). These two dogs are not trained at all, they are certainly the top dogs over the humans in the house, and have no obedience training whatsoever. ...

Can you help me with my Doxie-Pom? [ 2 Answers ]

I have had my adorable little Doxie/Pomeranian puppy, Sparky, for a little over a week now. The Doxie is definitely predominant in him. He's been to the vet, and is being treated for parvovirus. How serious is this? The vet said it's rare for a puppy to die from it, but that doesn't exactly...

View more questions Search