Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brian9697 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2012, 10:34 AM
    Kitchen sink and guest bathroom sink/shower get lukewarm water?
    My kitchen sink and guest bathroom sink/shower get lukewarm water. The main bathroom sink and shower gets hot. I have adjusted the heat on the water heater and that has made the working sink and shower get hotter, but not the others. The water heater is just on the other side of the working sink and shower (in the garage). The non working sinks and shower are on the other side of the house.
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Dec 25, 2012, 02:16 PM
    Have you tried giving it several minutes? As the hot water flows to the other side of the house it must warm the pipes first before it will be hot at far taps. Depending on where you live (external temperature) it could take several minutes for hot water to reach the other side of the house. In my home it takes about five minutes. In my brother's home it takes close to ten minutes.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Dec 25, 2012, 06:49 PM
    Assuming you have a clothes washer, turn off the cold water valve (where the hose connects) and see what happens.
    Brian9697 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2013, 04:39 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I have tried turning off the cold water valve and run the hot water for roughly 5 minutes and it has gotten lukewarm. Didn't really have this issue, a year ago. Oh also did not have the clothes washer on at the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No water coming out of bathroom and kitchen sink, but do have water in shower [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday we thought our hot water heater went out. A friend looked at the water heater and there was a plug or wire disconnected. He reattached it. Now the water pressure in the tub is about 50%, but there is no water in the bathroom or kitchen sink... just a dribble in both. Was told to leave...

Bathtub overflow after kitchen sink and bathroom sink use. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I live in 23 story condo. And every time I use kitchen sink or bathroom sink my bathtub gets filled with water. I have disposable in my kitchen sink. Have tried Drano but not working. What can I do?

Lukewarm water in the shower/hot out of cold in sink. [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, We bought this house 6 months ago. We have 2 issues with plumbing. 1) The shower water has a single handle. We turn it as far as it will go to hot and the water that comes out is barely lukewarm. We don't have any problems with hot water in any other place in the house, which leads to the...

Lukewarm hotwater on second floor (sink and shower) but other level hot hot water [ 4 Answers ]

Recently our shower (shower tub combo) with separate cold and hot taps started only giving luke warm water. The same goes for the hot water in the bathroom sink. This is only in the second floor bathroom. On the mainfloor (Kitchen and batheroom) the water is hot hot hot... in the basement...

Fog horn noise when using taps in bathroom sink and kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

There has developed, in the last week, a "fog horn" sound when we turn on the hot or cold taps in the bathroom or kitchen. It does not occur when we use the washer or dishwasher. Could anyone give some advise on what could be the cause of this?

View more questions Search