Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tuttyd Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Dec 26, 2013, 09:49 PM
    Does anyone doubt the courage of Piers Morgan?
    You might disagree with his politics, but you can't dispute his courage.

Piers Morgan tweeted from America that the English batters were sacred of Mitchell Johnson and this was the reason they were not scoring runs.

A cricket commentator picked up the tweet and replied to Morgan, saying that he would be scared to face Johnson with the ball coming at his head at 150 kph.

Piers accepted the challenge and soon arrived in Australia. He didn't face Johnson, but a similar bowler in Brett Lee. No one really believed he would actually go through with it, but he padded up, donned the helmet and faced six deliveries, most of which struck him on the upper body.

A cricket ball weighs about the same as a baseball.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2013, 12:50 AM
    An athlete doing tweet and then arrange a publicity stunt is not courage, it is merely news. No one was in danger, no one risk anything.

Dec 27, 2013, 02:00 AM
    This is the guy who bowled to Piers Morgan

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zu_kF4svH4
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Dec 27, 2013, 03:34 AM
    Courage? To play CRICKET? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

This should be in Humor & Comedy, not Current Events
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2013, 04:34 AM
    Much of the force of the pitch is lost when it hit the ground .And he's padded up much more than your typical baseball player .
    I give him credit for suiting up.
    Here's the video .
    Piers shown no mercy from Lee - YouTube

He's still an A.H.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2013, 05:49 AM
    Piers Morgan is a blohard... blohards like him don't grasp what courage is because they are always flapping their gums. As far as cricket...can't calim I've ever come to really understand or like that game in all the years I've known about it.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2013, 05:58 AM
    Courage in journalism is riding in a Hummer on patrol in Afghanistan or reporting the truth instead of the regime's propaganda, not playing cricket.

Dec 27, 2013, 01:12 PM
    I thought Piers Morgan was a conservative commentator over there. Why don't you guys like him?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2013, 04:08 PM
    He should have been instructed on the US Constitution 2nd Amendment before coming here. He lost about 50% of the US population the first time he got on his anti-gun vendetta. Right or wrong, a very naive approach.
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2013, 04:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuttyd View Post
    I thought Piers Morgan was a conservative commentator over there. Why don't you guys like him?
    Conservative? The only thing I've noticed is he's an arrogant pr*ck.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 27, 2013, 04:37 PM
    You call that courage? Bwahaaaa! I suppose we have different definitions of courage.
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2013, 04:41 AM
    Of course ,if Morgan knew how to play the game ,this is how he would've looed like against Lee .
    Aravinda de Silva savages Brett Lee - YouTube

Typical of Morgan mouthing off about something he's clueless about .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2013, 04:41 PM
    organising a private game once a year does not mean you know how to play the game it means you may be over confident about your own ability particularly when faced by a class bowler. Over the hill TV hosts should not play cricket against cricket greats and expect mercy
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2013, 04:59 PM
    from what I read ,Brett Lee has lost speed on his fastball too due to advanced age .In that he does the same as aging baseball pitchers ,who are forced to use guile to substitute for declining physical skills. He has suffered stress fractures and recurring injuries due to his delivery .
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2013, 10:05 PM
    None of us age well Tom but he was equal to the occasion, cricket is a game of guile where the bowler decieves the batter by disguising his actions and making the batter uncomfortable, speed is just part of it, spin comes into play as speed decreases, I can turn a ball 45 degrees and I only have the skills picked up in youth.. Morgan thinks himself smart by hosting a game and introducing mystery international players this time he got some of his own medicene, tough titties as we say
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2014, 02:10 PM
    Some parents of some high school football players who were the victims of a racists hoax don't think Piers has any courage.

Will Piers Morgan Apologize For Spreading A Racist Hoax?
    A group of Massachusetts parents are holding out hope for an apology or even just a correction from CNN's Piers Morgan and others who, the parents say, unfairly smeared their kids in a story now lost like a pair of tube socks to the news cycle's constant churn.

“These kids were slandered. Just absolutely torn apart,” said Tom Johnson, whose son is a member of the Lunenburg Blue Knights high school football team which was falsely accused en masse last November of spray painting racist graffiti on a teammate's house.

Johnson, like all of the parents of Lunenburg football players I spoke to, is frustrated that nobody, including the media outlets and politicians who brought the case to national attention, has been held accountable for spreading the false claims that have sullied the reputation of their kids, their high school, and their community, a town of just over 10,000 about 55 miles west of Boston.

The most high-profile baseless attack came from Morgan who, on his show on November 20th, called the Lunenburg football players “gutless little cowards” and “horrible little bullies” during an interview with the Andrea Brazier and Anthony Phillips.

The couple claimed that members of the Blue Knights football team spray painted the words “Knights Don't Need N******” – though with the last word spelled all the way out – across the concrete foundation at the back of their home.
    Only problem is, they didn't do it. NOw they want Morgan to apologize for smearing their kids.

“He is little man hiding behind his media status and freedom of speech,” one athlete's mother said, of Morgan.

“How can he make such ignorant and unfounded assumptions and broadcast them on national television? How is this ok?” questioned the woman who sent her son to stand beside Isaac Phillips. She asked to remain anonymous.

“When the boys were exonerated, did he call the suspect a coward on national TV?” asked Laura Howes, whose 16 year-old son plays on the team. “I think not. I think Mr. Morgan is the coward by not publicly apologizing to these boys.”

“Mr. Morgan is an a$$,” said Jeanette Leinson, bluntly. “Why have we not been vindicated by the media who threw us into this chaos?”

How about it Piers? And you, too Governor Patrick, you were in on this.
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2014, 02:28 PM
    don't expect an apology he is a "gutless little bast@rd" to have smeared the kids without evidence in the first place, not the thing a cricketer would do
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2014, 08:30 AM
    Piers Morgan should just hide behind the classic insanity defence... nobody doubts that applies to him. The mans off his rocker.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repairing Sunken Piers Under House [ 1 Answers ]

Problem: Two piers, located side-by-side on two separate floor joists have sunk, resulting in their detachment from their floor joists. The floor joists are still supported by the remaining piers, but the detachment has caused some sloping in the floor. I am not necessarily looking to...

Garage Slab Foundation Piers and Framing [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings I'll try to make this simple. I have a 60 year old single car garage that I hope to get a variance for to build a 2 car garage. It's on a slight grade so will need piers and a solid slab. I'm hoping to minimize costs by doing everything except the piers, slab and framing. Are there...

Concrete house piers and footings [ 2 Answers ]

Can concrete piers and footings be safely poured in wet saturated clay ground.Rain has occurred over last 2 weeks and is forecast on and off for next month.

View more questions Search