Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Geatwolf Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2006, 05:03 PM
    Whirlpool Gold washer motor problems
    I have a Whirlpool washer GSX9885JQ0 that burnt the motor and cap too. Is this a common problem. Is there a way to check the control board to see if that was the problem or is it one of those things that I need to replace the motor and if that burns up then next time I should replace the board also.
    Is this a model that is plagued with problems or if I get this fixed I should have a good unit?
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Oct 20, 2006, 07:54 PM
    Those are good machines. Make sure the wiring harness that plugs into the motor is not discolored from overheating, some of those had loose connections that would cause the motor not to work or cause it to overheat and eventually burnout. With the motor out make sure that you can turn the transmission both directions. One way will be harder than the other. If that checks good then replacing the motor should work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Gold Catalyst Washer problem [ 15 Answers ]

Hi My model number is GSX9885JQ0 The washer will fill with water but doesn't agitate. The light on the control panel blinks instead of being on solid. It doesn't display an error code on the panel, just shows how much time is left. I also tried unplugging and letting it reset. I also tried using...

Whirlpool Gold Catalyst washer error message [ 6 Answers ]

Whirlpool Gold Catalyst washer stops running and displays an error code of F3 or F4.

Blower motor problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I came home last night to find my ac had stopped working. The ac unit runs fine but the blower motor had stopped. I shut the system down and waited till the next day and tried it again. It worked great for about 3 or 4 minutes and then stopped again. The ac unit works but the blower motor...

Star Trek: Starfleet Command Gold Edition Problems [ 8 Answers ]

I have downloaded this game, upgraded sound and video cards and drivers, have downgraded from WIN 2000 Professional to WIN ME, have downloaded December 2005 DirectX update, and this game will still crash when I try to run it. Before I downgraded from 2000 pro to ME, it would say; "DirectX init....

View more questions Search