Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2019, 03:29 AM
    Bernie wasn't at last night's debate . But the general theme of it was "Make Freebies Great Again.......because it is you're right" .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2019, 04:23 AM
    Bernie wasn't at last night's debate . But the general theme of it was "Make Freebies Great Again.......because it is you're right" .
    What may very well be our greatest enemy is the one thing no one talks about anymore, and I don't see anyone from either party with the stomach to handle it. The repubs want to cut taxes and the dems want to give away freebies. In the meantime, the national debt continues to soar out of control. One can only hope the American people have not grown so lazy and indifferent as to fall for it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 27, 2019, 05:10 AM
    What's your great idea to deal with the debt while cutting taxes? For the record cutting taxes for rich guys and corporations that ADDED to the debt was as dumb as it gets and amounted to robbery in the first place. Blame that on the party in power that did it.
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2019, 05:12 AM
    What's your great idea to deal with the debt while cutting taxes? For the record cutting taxes for rich guys and corporations that ADDED to the debt was as dumb as it gets and amounted to robbery in the first place. Blame that on the party in power that did it.
    Good grief. In my previous post I said this, "The repubs want to cut taxes and the dems want to give away freebies." If you would calm down a little and read a little more carefully, you would see that we already basically agree on this point. Wow. Some of the people on this board are so quick to get angry. Incredible.

Now for the record, it is not possible to significantly cut taxes for most Americans. The bottom half of income earners pay practically no taxes. The top 10% pay the great part of income tax, so any tax cuts will naturally impact them more than anyone else.
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2019, 05:20 AM
    What may very well be our greatest enemy is the one thing no one talks about anymore, and I don't see anyone from either party with the stomach to handle it. The repubs want to cut taxes and the dems want to give away freebies. In the meantime, the national debt continues to soar out of control. One can only hope the American people have not grown so lazy and indifferent as to fall for it.
    When Beto was was asked who he would tax and how much ;he broke into his speaking Spanish shtick

Like Lord Voldemort ,the unspeakable truth is that the only way to turn the debt around is to tax the"middle class" to death AND to make draconian cuts in services .
    Expert

Jun 27, 2019, 05:30 AM
    And that's AFTER you stole a few trillion bucks? No repub hollered debts when they passed the deficit funded tax cuts in the first place.
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2019, 05:37 AM
    And that's AFTER you stole a few trillion bucks? No repub hollered debts when they passed the deficit funded tax cuts in the first place.
    Not entirely true, but close enough. Still it should be noted that no lib on this board has one ounce of concern for the national debt, and no liberal dem that I know of, and certainly not among the several dozen running for pres, has anything to say about it. So maybe we have become so lazy and indifferent that we can't recognize lunacy when we see it??
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2019, 05:58 AM
    Debt forgiveness punishes those who did the right thing, made sacrifices, and acted wisely and frugally. It also punishes those who didn’t have the opportunity to go to college.When everyone has a college degree ;the degree will have no value .

Neither side mentions the debt . So sad ;it wasn't that long ago that uncontrolled spending was the issue that brought us the tea party movement.
    Expert

Jun 27, 2019, 05:58 AM
    All of us dems protested the tax cuts when they were passed, and would repeal them, if you so call debt hawks would vote for us. I've spoken up numerous times but maybe not loud enough for you to hear through all those lies and right wing noise the dufus tells. So put your vote where your mouth is and stop casting fake shade.
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2019, 06:08 AM
    tax cuts generate revenue . Overspending is the root cause of the debt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEdXrfIMdiU
    Expert

Jun 27, 2019, 06:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Debt forgiveness punishes those who did the right thing, made sacrifices, and acted wisely and frugally. It also punishes those who didn’t have the opportunity to go to college.When everyone has a college degree ;the degree will have no value .

Neither side mentions the debt . So sad ;it wasn't that long ago that uncontrolled spending was the issue that brought us the tea party movement.
    Don't get excited, silly season ideas seldom get traction since being one of many and we have 25 candidates. Why pick on one idea when there are many more important issues like health care and the economy where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, and the dufus sucking money out of the system. They both circle back to the debt, fueled by legalized stealing.
    Expert

Jun 27, 2019, 06:24 AM
    tax cuts generate revenue . Overspending is the root cause of the debt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEdXrfIMdiU
    The Kennedy tax cut were from a different time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revenue_Act_of_1964

Kennedy proposed the bill on the advice of Keynesian economist Walter Heller, who believed that temporary deficit spending would boost economic growth. The act was initially blocked by conservatives like Senator Harry F. Byrd, but Lyndon Johnson was able to guide it through Congress after the assassination of Kennedy in November 1963. The act cut federal income taxes by approximately twenty percent across the board, and the top federal income tax rate fell from 91 percent to 70 percent. The act also reduced the corporate tax from 52 percent to 48 percent and created a minimum standard deduction...

...The stated goals of the tax cuts were to raise personal incomes, increase consumption, and increase capital investments. Evidence shows that these goals were exceeded by large degree with the combination of tax cuts and domestic spending programs President Johnson advocated, such as Medicare.[COLOR=#000120][10 [/COLOR]Unemployment fell from 5.2% in 1964 to 4.5% in 1965, and fell to 3.8% in 1966.[10][11] Initial estimates predicted a loss of revenue as a result of the tax cuts, however, tax revenue increased in 1964 and 1965.[10][12]

That's nowhere near what you guys passed.
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2019, 06:27 AM
    Initial estimates predicted a loss of revenue as a result of the tax cuts, however, tax revenue increased in 1964 and 1965.
    supply side .....true then ;true now
    Expert

Jun 27, 2019, 06:35 AM
    supply side .....true then ;true now
    No demand side! The little guy got the 20% and the fat guys got 6%, while the little guy got extra benefits as well. Nice try, but your right true then it would be true now except that isn't at all what you guys did and you well know that.
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2019, 06:39 AM
    I've spoken up numerous times but maybe not loud enough for you to hear through all those lies and right wing noise the dufus tells.
    I don't think that's true, but if you'll show me quotes where you have initiated a conversation on the national debt, then I'll be proven wrong. Complaining about tax cuts is not the same thing. Obama increased taxes but became the king of deficit spending. My biggest complaint about Trump is that he is too much like Obama when it comes to borrowing money.
    Expert

Jun 27, 2019, 06:48 AM
    Do you even research what you blather about? LINK please! Here's mine to start.

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/brie...imulus-acts-do
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2019, 06:58 AM
    gotta love the mind of the progressive . A tax rebate is the government "generously " giving you back some of your money . A tax cut is when we get to keep our own money without the government taking it from us in the 1st place.
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2019, 07:33 AM
    gotta love the mind of the progressive . A tax rebate is the government "generously " giving you back some of your money . A tax cut is when we get to keep our own money without the government taking it from us in the 1st place.
    Posters here love to talk about research. Well, research shows that the top 5% of income earners already pay almost 60% of taxes, amounting to about 800 billion dollars. If we raised their taxes by 50%, which would be drastic, we would still not come close to having a balanced budget. Without developing some restraint in spending, it's hopeless.

Trump cut taxes but then substantially increased defense spending. Obama was just a spendaholic. The republican congress never showed much stomach for spending cuts. I'm convinced we could cut spending across the board by 5% and, if done with some intelligence, we'd never notice it. Even that would not come close to balancing the budget, but it would be a start in the right direction.

https://howmuch.net/articles/high-in...-federal-taxes
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2019, 07:42 AM
    This would be a good start.

Name:  list.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  74.5 KB
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jun 27, 2019, 07:59 AM
    Love it! Isn’t that the truth? Entitlement is a huge reason my job is so difficult these days. Boy has education changed during my career! Many of today’s kiddos have never heard the word “no.”

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Annoying Sanders Supporters [ 49 Answers ]

It's great that Clinton has secured the Democratic nomination but is anyone else fed up with the childish, irrational and fanatical Sanders supporters? I can't think of any candidate in recent history other than Trump who has such immature, disrespectful supporters. I think that Sanders himself is...

Car repossessed in 2010 want to go Chapter 7 can I wipe out this debt off... [ 0 Answers ]

My husband's vehicle was repocessed in 2010, We are now filing for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy can we still claim this liability. Where do I llst this on the bankruptcy schedules and forms?

Bernie MADOFF( scumbag) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello person, whoever reads this message... There's a bit of a debate going on here I want to ask you all How did the bernard madoff ponzi scheme affect America??

Bernie Madoff 24 hours later in jail [ 2 Answers ]

So, for all you folks who haven't heard, Bernie Madoff after spending 24 hours in jail has decided he doesn't like the accommodations and wants to be out on bail and wants to go home. His lawyer says he needs constant access to him. Bernie now claims to have more money stashed away and...

View more questions Search