Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bev123a Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2013, 12:33 AM
    Deaf
    I am one hundred and twenty percent deaf in one ear,and I can not hear at all in the other ear,has I have a hole in my eardrum,I was turned down for disability,why is this
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 7, 2013, 12:43 AM
    We can't possibly answer this question as we are not a government helpdesk.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 7, 2013, 02:24 AM
    In the US, it is common for most people to be turned down on the first application.

You will need to get an attorney and do an appeal.
    kordely Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2013, 11:15 AM
    It is common that one isn't considered disabled, when is deaf in one ear.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2013, 11:19 AM
    Deaf in one ear does not mean you can not work. My old boyfriend only has one ear and he can out do any roofer around. So there are jobs for people with disabilities. As the others said you have to Keep appealing. Its rare to get it first try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deaf Ferret? [ 10 Answers ]

I recently discovered my little ferret is deaf, we have a ferret who can hear as well. Anyway when my deaf ferret is playing with my other ferret he hurts her. I've read on websites that it is because he can't hear her screaming. Is there anything I can do? Do they need to be separated or can she...

Why am I deaf? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 15 and I was born without hearing in my left ear. I occasionally hear buzzing noises and my doctor doesn't know why. What are some possible reasons for my hearing loss?

Deaf Puppy [ 4 Answers ]

I just adopted a very precious border collie, only to find out days later she is deaf. I've had a blind dog for ten years... but have no experience in deaf dogs. I have only found one book that was specifically for training deaf dogs. It was pretty general. Does anyone have any other...

Going deaf [ 1 Answers ]

My hearing loss is due to the nerve dying. My mother had the same problem. Any suggestions on how to stop/reverse the process. Thanks, Hatman

View more questions Search