Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hiba farran Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 11:49 AM
    Can I know the exact location of a person chatting with me on msn
    I need to know if someone I'm chatting with can locoate the exact location I am in.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 6, 2009, 11:52 AM
    Not unless you are very savvy with the inner workings of Windows and are comfortable with command-line apps.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 6, 2009, 11:53 AM

The closest you can get is the location of the ISP they use.

May 7, 2009, 12:48 AM
    OK but how can I locate the ISP?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 7, 2009, 05:34 AM

Once you get the IP of the person, you can use a WHOIS lookup to find the ISP that issued it.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

May 7, 2009, 05:19 PM

Your original post sounded like you were concerned if someone else could find you. Is it you who are trying to find someone else? Because if I were chatting with you, I'd say it's really none of your business what my IP is or where I'm located, unless I choose to tell you. (Or unless I'm being dangerous, in which case you should be going through legal channels.)

May 8, 2009, 09:37 AM

No I wanted to know if someone else could find my location.. also in some cases it helps to know if someone I was chatting to was lying about their location. What I'm trying to say is that sometimes you have friends faking their identiy and the could be living in your own neighbourhood
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

May 9, 2009, 01:35 AM

People you chat with could be lying about all sorts of things. If they're faking their identity (other than using an online ID of course), then I would not consider them much "friends." And yes, they could be living in your own neighborhood.

Bottom line: just be careful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How I know the exact location of person with whom I am chatting on Yahoo messenger . [ 11 Answers ]

:rolleyes:How I know the exact location of person with whom I am chatting on Yahoo messenger .

Location of person chatting with you [ 3 Answers ]

Hello friends, Can I know the location or other details of the person I am chatiing with on Yahoo messenger or visa versa? Do we have privacy on Yahoo webcam while we chat using it?

How can I know the location of the person with whom I'm chatting on MSN? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello every one, Can anyone help me to know the location of the person with whom I'm chatting on MSN... because I guess that I've been cheating by someone telling me that he is in France but I guess that he is in another country... Is it possible to know its real location? Your help will...

Want to know the location of the person I am chatting in gtalk! [ 5 Answers ]

I want to know whether the person I'm talking to is really in seoul or not. Although he says seoul, I can't be sure. Is there a way to check whether he's chatting from seoul? I'm currently living in myanmar. Thanks

Can I get to know d location of the person who is currently chatting to me? [ 35 Answers ]

Can I get to know d xact location (country / city / street / house num.) of the person who is currently chatting to me?

View more questions Search