Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    c7c7 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2006, 01:06 AM
    Blocking Websites
    Is there a way, on Internet Explorer, or Firefox, to block websites?
    I am sick of being embarrassed because my IP log count is so high on people's blogs that I no longer have contact with, due to differences.
    I think there is, but I can't seem to find it, only an option in which to tag sites so it's in a "zone" as restricted, but it doesn't block it?
    Is there some kind of... parental blocking thing?
    It's kind of weird since I'm blocking them for myself, but I would still like to install one.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2006, 03:09 AM
    In Internet Explorer: Tools > Internet options, Content tab, under Content Advisor click on the Enable button, Approved Sites tab, type in URL and click Never.

You could always add that website to your Hosts files: http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bess blocking [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know a loophole so that the bess blocking does not block my internet? But the loophole can't be blocked by bess... bess sucks... thanks

Blocking a web page - Firefox [ 4 Answers ]

I want to simply block a webpage. I'm using Firefox. This may be simple, but I could use a little help. Thanks.

Blocking Sites [ 4 Answers ]

I have Windows XP and for an internet browser I'm using Microsoft Internet Explorer. What I need help with is: I need to learn how to block X-Rated sites. I found out how to block a specific website BUT I need to know how to put a limit on web searching. PLEASE HELP! :confused:

Blocking MSN Messenger on the network [ 10 Answers ]

Hi... I have 2 pc's that are connected to the internet, my PC is connected directly to the internet through a cable modem! The other PC is connected through my PC to the ineternet using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing). Now, my question is: How can I block MSN Messenger on the other PC?...

Blocking Websites [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to stop anybody that goes on my computer from accessing www.kazza.com Or from accessing Yahoo messenger??

View more questions Search