Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    violet0019 Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Dec 24, 2005, 12:03 PM
    Re: SPONGES... seeking info.
    What are SPONGES... are they alive, or were they alive? Would appreciate any info. About them. THANKS.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2005, 12:05 PM
    Yes; alive. A Sponge is an animal.

http://www.ices.dk/marineworld/Spong...le/factbox.asp

Dec 24, 2005, 12:12 PM
    How Do Sponges Become Household Cleaning Items?
    I appreciate your link, but I would also like to know how is it if they are alive, that they can end up in our homes to be used for cleaning, personal use, etc.. If it is an animal... then are they killed? Do they look like this when they are in the seas?
    Quote Originally Posted by rickj
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 24, 2005, 12:21 PM
    www.oceanicresearch.org/sponges.html
    The are considered animal and some of the sponges you see used to clean house I think those are synthetic and there's not really anyway to tell how they would feel about something unless you are some sort of sponge sycologist.

Dec 24, 2005, 01:46 PM
    Re:sponges-in What Process Do They Get From The Sea To Our House
    RE: SPONGES... I would like to know in what process they come from the sea to our homes. I have seen natural ones, which one can obtain at the natural food store, and am curious to know what is actually done to a sponge, as it is alive and an animal, for us to be able to purchase the final product at the natural food store? THANKS.

Quote Originally Posted by crankiebabie
    www.oceanicresearch.org/sponges.html
    The are considered animal and some of the sponges you see used to clean house i think those are synthetic and theres not really anyway to tell how they would feel about something unless you are some sort of sponge sycologist.

Dec 24, 2005, 03:02 PM
    If you are worried about the sea sponges they do regenerate and harvesting is actually helpful to them.

www.ecomall.com/greenshopping/chic22.htm
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2005, 06:34 AM
    Alive
    Hi,
    You have already received some good answers as to Sponges, with some good links.
    Yes, as said, they are alive at one point, before harvesting.
    If you are worried about killing sponges, then you might consider many, many other living things that were alive at one point; such as fish, etc. As said, some sponges are "artificial", man-made. Others are natural.
    Most sponges at department stores, etc, are man-made, not natural.

Dec 25, 2005, 02:05 PM
    Dear if you go to the link in my above post and read through the whole thing it actually explains the process by which sponges are harvested. Happy holiday.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are you seeking advice [ 1 Answers ]

I am a clairvoyant, empathic reader I also do tarot, scrying, poastlife, automatic writing I have been doing this for over 20yrs I personaly have seen astrol outer body (outer body experience) I have had dreams that came true 4yrs later as well of 4months I even predicted my own daughters...

Seeking Explanation [ 7 Answers ]

I am currently in grade twelve at high school. In grade eleven, I met this girl. We became excellent friends until the summer began, at which point we fell in love. We were "meant for eachother"... and definently still are. I had the greatest summer of my life with this girl. Anyway, school started...

Seeking Legal Advice [ 11 Answers ]

I need some legal advice. Last June I contacted an owner of a domain site and asked if he would be interested in partnering with me. I will build the site and he wouldn't have to do anything. In return he would get a % or revenue. So after 2 months of me working on it, the guy stops returning...

UK F1- seeking help [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am going to be on OPT soon and had the following Questions: 1) In ths US , as an international student do I pay the same taxes as the nationals do ? And if so am I taxed in the following manner: Federal Tax State Tax Local

Seeking debt advice [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone... I wish I was posting under better circumstances, but I'm not. I need help. After I left college, I found myself in a deep amount of debt. My friends and famly are so beyond helping me and who can blame them. I was thinking of calling a credit counselor but am so nervous. I've...

View more questions Search