Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justinkilla14 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2011, 02:30 PM
    How old can you be to move out of your parents house?
    I just want to know how old I have to be to move out of my parents cause they are all ways blaming me for stuff I don't do I am only 14 and I just want to know what you have to do to move out of my parents house so please help me thank you.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 9, 2011, 02:41 PM
    Not 14...
    But where do you live, so you can plan for the future? (Country, state)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 9, 2011, 02:46 PM

ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area. As long as you live in the US your parents have responsibility for you until you are 18.

In some areas, you may be able to file for emancipation. But to qualify you have to be able to prove you can support yourself.
    justinkilla14 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2011, 02:54 PM
    I live in the united states

And the state I live in is Michigan
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 9, 2011, 03:05 PM

Please tell us what they are blaming you for.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 9, 2011, 03:05 PM

You may find this site helpful
    Emancipation Self Help

But the way I read the statutes, you can only become emancipated prior to 18 to take control of your own medical care.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 9, 2011, 03:37 PM

You have to be 18 to move out.

What are the problems you are having
    santababy4eva Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2011, 10:33 PM
    You have to be 18 to move out of your parents house, unless you have parent/guardian permission. I would suggest looking into everything and planning the way I read your question. Is that you were not trying to leave now you were just looking for the earliest date possible to leave.. I know how you feel I am 15 and me and my parents have nothing in common and my best friend has offered to let me move in when I am of age.. so unless you want to get emancipated which is a pain in the butt hold tight and plan ahead! ((((:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How old do I have to be to move out of my parents house? [ 7 Answers ]

I'd like to know how old I have to be to move out of my parents house, I am only 15, and I think that I could have my life together better if they weren't around all the time, I have thought this through, I can cook and clean, I'm not wanting to right away, not until I get a job and a car and I...

Can I move out at 16 without parents permission [ 12 Answers ]

I'm 16 years old and I want to move in with my boyfriens parents they are okay with it they even said they will help me to move in and everything but my parents are not fully oka with it but I still want to can I legally move out without their permision?

How can I convince my parents to let me get married and move out of their house? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 21 years old, and have been with my boyfriend for over two years now. He is truly my best friend, and we know we feel the same way about our future, down to small details like what color we want to paint the living room in our first home. My parents have met him several times and really like...

How do you move out(from parents)When you're already old? [ 4 Answers ]

I've heard how people move out in their 20's, sometimes at 18, but I'm in my 30's now. How do I start moving out when they get angry if I say I want to move out and my father is still violent and will start throwing stuff if I tell him any of my ideas.

How old do I have to be to move out of my parents house in Nebraska? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 17 and ill be 18 soon my dad and I are always getting into fights and he is always yelling at me for no reason. I have a job and I still g to school. And I could easliy go transfer to a new school if I move out. I am always spending my free time crying cause I get hurt by my dad yelling at me....

View more questions Search