Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mhill Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 11:58 AM
    Delta Monitor 2300 Series - low hot water pressure
    Hi, I have a Delta Monitor 2300 Series tub/shower faucet, it has two handles, one for temperature and one for pressure. The hot water pressure is horrible in both tub and shower, cold is pretty good. Hot water pressure in rest of house is fine. From what I've read it sounds like something is clogging a line or valve or something and needs to be cleaned out. My problem is I can't find a diagram of this particular faucet set so I have no idea what the various parts are or how they go together. Delta doesn't have any information on their website for this series (I bought it in 1999) and I've done many web searches but all I can find are single handle faucets. Can anyone direct me to where I might find this diagram or one similar so I can at least understand the various parts involved, which will help tremendously in understanding any directions on how to fix! Thanks in advance for your help.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 18, 2008, 04:49 PM
    One quick suggestion would be to call and/or drop by your local plumbing supply house and ask if they have any literature on the 2300 series Delta monitor series valve.

I have a few suggestions for you to try to fix your issue, but want you to see if you can get that literature/diagram so I am sure you understand what I am talking about... Let us know what you find... OK?

If my answer was helpful please rate my answer by clicking on the RATE THE ANSWER! Button below. Thank you!
    mhill Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 11:57 AM
    Massplumber, I finally have the diagram so I'm ready for your help when you have some time. Thanks - Michelle
    slipkid Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

May 19, 2008, 03:50 PM
    mhill, I have the same faucet. It is not made anymore and I would love to have a copy of the diagram you have. Can you contact me? Thanks!
    dannykil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 12:57 PM
    I can say that the faucet is not made and has not been produced in five years. The parts are hard to find... no make that impossible so good luck. I need a geared plastic handle insert in the worst way.
    ron f Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2009, 10:13 PM

I have a 2300 series and lack hot water flow. This caused me to change the hot water supply line from galvanized to copper. Still no flow. The cold water is fine. I have good flow to the sink so it has to be something in the valve area. It is a just used as a shower although it was originally suppose to be for a tub and shower combination. I haven't had a good shower in years and finally tried to do something about it. I am very dissapointed in this product and need a quick solution.
    calkan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2011, 10:25 AM
    ron f You have something plugging up your housing that controls your hot output. If you contact Delta they will tell you how to fix. It is simple fix,just take valve apart & flush it out.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2011, 02:45 PM

Hello Calkan,

You responded to 1 1/2 year old post check the date in left upper corner, Thanks.

John
    dteich Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2013, 08:35 AM
    I know that you posted this several years ago but you seem to have information about this Delta 2300 series faucet. I need the plastic housing part that covers the temperature monitor control valves. I know this is a long shot but do you have any suggestions on how to find this replacement part? Thanks - Dan :)
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 23, 2013, 11:03 AM
    Hi Dteich

Contact Delta directly and talk to them... should have no problem getting you the correct part:

Kitchen Faucets, Bathroom Sink, Toilets & Shower Heads, Kits, Systems & Accessories : Delta Faucet

Good luck!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water driping out of Delta faucet [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Delta Model #35925 two handle widespread lavatory faucet and the hot water faucet is dripping out of the spout not from the handle. I have put 4 new cardridges in and it still leaks. HELP

Delta Pullout Faucet Water Pressure Loss [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Delta Signature Series Faucet Model 472, (Single Handle, Pull Out) in our kitchen sink and just yesterday started having low pressure. Haven't changed the water heater or anything else lately, the house is only about 2-1/2 years old. Pressure remains fine in all of the other sinks in the...

Delta Shower Water control [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a new shower installed. It uses Delta rotary control from cold to hot.. Leaving it on HOT does not give burning HOT water.. Is thare some kind of a lock that limits how much hot water is supplied to the shower? My other shower(old) gives burning hot water in the HOT position - this...

Low water pressure in an area known for high pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings, My wife and I are in the process of updating 1957 side by side split level. The previous owner (OK, my Mom as I bought the house I grew up in from her) said that when they moved in they had to install a pressure reducer into the line. I have searched high and low but, I can't see...

View more questions Search