Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    genkie1212 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2008, 12:39 PM
    Home emergency kit useful tips
    I would like to know the basic things needed in case of a major emergency, like earthquake etc. Also, How much water should be saved? what to store it in? And where? Is it a good idea to dump out the water after having it saved for awhile? and get fresh from the tap? Or it it better just to keep it as long as it hasn't been touched? Is it better to store it in glass ? Rather than plastic? what is the best material for storing water? Should it been in a dark place? Or dose it matter? will the sun light hitting the container have any effect on it? Does the temp. of the room matter? Is it better in a cooler place? How much is a good amount per. Person? If the space is available. What to do if very limited space also? Thanks, Been needing these questions to ask , but up til now had no one or nowhere Thanks "Pinkie" Q.:o:o:p;)

{Moved from Introductions-<>}

Oct 7, 2008, 12:51 PM

Sorry, made a mistake didn't realize I posted my Question in the "Intro" space... OOPS!!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 7, 2008, 02:33 PM

If I limited my answer to just water I would say to buy distilled bottled water and get as much as you can store. While distilled water is not really good drinking water it will keep you alive and not become contaminated no mater where or how you store it. Canned meat and vegetables along with lots of soup, Tang or cool-aide too.

Oct 9, 2008, 03:36 AM

Thank you so much, for taking the time to give me this information, any even a little is better than none. I didn't know distilled water would be a good choice. The reason, I was asking so many things about water is because of the fact that when it comes to survival, a person can live fore quite a long time without food, because of all the fat that most people have too much of, gets used up . Its water that is really necessary, because a person can die, I think its something like within 7 to 10 days maybe even less depending the temp. if its hotter, than you could die fast. I know that here in the San francisco bay the water has a lot of heavy metals in it, also with fluoride and many other unwanted things as far as I am concerned. So, let me say once more thanks. Sincerely Pinkie

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lookng for home health care tips for fianc?'s mom who has a replaced hip that no long [ 3 Answers ]

We are seeking advice to help us take care of my fiance's mother. She is 92 and has had 4 hip replacements in her life, 3 on one hip. It is that hip that is causing the most problems now. Recently, after sitting for a while, when she tries to rise from the chair and walk she is unable to do so...

It says emergency [ 2 Answers ]

I have a maple chase programmable thermostat item #09620. The emergency light is glowing slightly. There doesn't seem to be a problem anywhere but, you know it says EMERGENCY. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :eek: :eek:

Tips on what to do when we bring our baby home [ 8 Answers ]

My partner is into her 36th week of pregnancy and we have gone to the antenatel classes and all that stuff, but what I really want to know is, what do you do when you get back home with your new child? Some tips would be nice please.

What to do. Emergency! [ 1 Answers ]

Hey.. Its this girls b-day and I fought with this girl because she is big headed and she said that she would date me if she doesn't like the guy anymore.. so she is lineing me up.. so basically I got in a fight with her.. so what shall I do now.. how can I get her. shall I be an asshole.. and its...

View more questions Search