Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iknowcia Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2007, 05:22 PM
    Whirlpool front load dryer doesn't spin
    My dryer gets hot and makes a humming sound as though it wants to spin but can't. I can reach in and manually turn the basin easily around in both directions but when it is closed and turned on it does not spin. Is it possible I can fix this problem myself?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Is it agitating? This is direct drive and not belt driven, correct?
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2007, 06:42 PM
    Let us think about this the drum doesn't turn... A motor drives a belt, the belt

Drives the drum, and the door switch can stop the drum from turning...

The belt and door switch can stop the drum -- but do not buzz -- ahhh MOTOR

A motor buzzzes when it is stopped or bound up -- The motor may be bad or a

Capcitor can be bad... You can think about fixing it but if you replace the motor

You still have a used dryed with worn parts -- maybe its time for a new dryer?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Crap, I was answering a washer question. This a dryer. Iknowcia probably wonders what the heck is he asking. Biggsie answer is correct
    iknowcia Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 11:50 AM
    It is a belt issue. I knew so littlebut have learned so much. Thank you for the responses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Front Load Washer #417.41042000 won't spin, does drain [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, When I bought my machine, the previous owner offered the following description: It is about 2.5 years old. We had some problems with it spinning the proper speed after moving it. The repair people told us it was due to using too much soap or being imbalanced. Had it repaired a couple...

Top load whirlpool style washing machine will not spin [ 1 Answers ]

I have removed motor and gearbox/transmission from cabinet. I had to replace the drive/motor coupler on a previous washer so I thought that may have been the problem this time also. I separated the motor from gear box to check the coupler. It was NOT broken. I tried to start the washer with it out...

Squeaky Maytag front load dryer [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Maytag dryer that squeaks the entire time it is running. With the exception of popping open the top, I do not see how I can access it. I am looking to stop the squeak. Thanks for your help

View more questions Search