Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Dec 15, 2010, 11:29 AM
    Thanks! Based on all your much appreciated input, it's sounding more and more like most of my problems should be solved by losing the GFCI breaker and replacing all the receptacles with dedicated GFI's. I'll let you know how it works out.

jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Dec 26, 2010, 11:04 AM
    Just so you know, I did what we talked about. I replaced all the outdoor receptacles with GFCIs and replaced the two-pole GFCI breaker with a pair of normal non-GFCI single-pole breakers. Plus I installed a dedicated non-AFCI circuit for the heat tape. That was more than a week ago, and everything's been working fine ever since. Those trough de-icers are great! It's SOOOOO nice not to have to break up ice several times a day and fish it out with my bare hands! And the horses really seem to appreciate the warmer water.

Thanks for your advice!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GFCI Breaker Tripping on Coast Spa [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am having a problem with my Coast Platinum Series Spa bought in 2001. The GFIC breaker is tripping. Spa information: Coast Platinum Series Model – ML40 Serial number – 004629 Control Pack/Circuit Board - TSPA-1-P122-P222-B1-01-CP1-H34.5-JJM-FL-RL-CC23453-01C Two Monster Flow 7.0...

GFCI breaker tripping (hot tub) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I've read the other posts on this topic but wanted to ask for my specific situation. I wired this spa myself and it has worked well for over a year with only a few incidences of tripping here and there. Now I can't get the breaker to stay on without tripping for more than a day at most. When I...

GFCI breaker tripping [ 10 Answers ]

I installed a hot tub and when I connect the white wire from the gfci breaker to the neutral/ground bar it trips, otherwise the tub runs fine

Gfci breaker + outlet in same circuit.breaker tripping [ 4 Answers ]

I have a gfci breaker for a bathroom and there is an additional gfci outlet in the bathroom on the same circuit. The breaker was tripping intermittently over the past week and now will not re-engage. Should I suspect a faulty breaker or is it better to troubleshoot the circuit first? The...

View more questions Search