Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thesmith_85 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 12:14 PM
    Marines Enlistment Bonus
    Hi my name is abraham , just turned 24 years old,I am currently in college and will graduate with an associates in ART this semester. I am planning to join the marines The reason that I am joining the military its to serve my country & become a quality citizen for society. I have some debts that I need to pay, I was just wondering if I will get enlistment bonuses, this would really help me to pay my debts. I am asking this because I am planning to get everything in order before I leave to semester. I really appreciate if I can get some answers Thank You

Abraham
    DSMom Posts: 55, Reputation: 17

Feb 10, 2009, 12:19 PM

Enlistmet bonuses are not always available. It depends on a few different things. Have you talked to a recruiter?
    thesmith_85 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 12:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DSMom View Post
    Enlistmet bonuses are not always available. It depends on a few different things. Have you talked to a recruiter?
    Yes I have talked to a recruiter, but they told me that I have to wait until I get my asvab scores. Thank you DS Mom .
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Feb 10, 2009, 12:28 PM

Enlistment Bonus Program General Information
    afrance Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2011, 09:35 AM
    When I enlisted I was given a bonus of 5k because of the unit I was joining was short of people... but it depends on what MOS you choose, the thing is you have to ask at MEPS and when you go in before you sign anything after taking the ASVAB they will offer you any job you want depending on your test scores. The higher the test score the better offers you'll get. Bonuses are available, but it depends also which unit MOS and scores you get. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 prior honorable discharges, last enlistment BCD, VA home benefits [ 15 Answers ]

I served in the Marines for ten years have had two honorable dishcarges in leiu of reenlisting. During my third tour I was special courtmartialed and awarded a BCD. Will this make me eneligible for a VA Home Loan?

Am I too old for the Marines? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone: I always wanted to join the Marines. At 18 I wanted to enlist but I broke my leg and that was it. I am 25 now. Since that time most of my family wanted me to stay out of the military and I did. I had many jobs but I did't like any of them I always wanted something interesting and...

Any Marines? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm looking for anyone who has the experience of being a Marine to offer me friendly advice. I'm thinking about becoming a Marine, but I have a few simple questions. Does stealing happen often on bases, should I keep my good clothing at home? What's a typical day look like once you get stationed...

Taxes on my re-enlistment bonus [ 1 Answers ]

How much of my re-enlistment bonus is going to be taxed if I'm getting 29,500 my state taxes doesn't matter too much because I'm getting all that back. I just want to know how much of that money is going to hit my acct?

Sign on Bonus Taxrepay & deducting yearly bonus from my sign on [ 1 Answers ]

I got a $5,000 sign on bonus & left the company under 1 year. They held back my $3,033 yearly bonus to deduct it from what I owed them in sign on. BUT they took taxes out of the $3033 bonus before deducting it from what I need to pay back. So they are subtracting $1817 from $5,000, saying I...

View more questions Search