Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kcpfan Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2010, 10:52 AM
    Are Unions necessary?
    Please provide me all the informations that could help me to max out 10 pages for a research paper.

THANKS A BUNCH
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 11, 2010, 10:57 AM

Look it up yourself. We are all volunteers here and don't have time to assist in providing enough info to max out 10 pages for a research paper. If someone does this for you, how do you learn from it yourself.

Thanks a bunch

Tick
    kcpfan Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2010, 11:36 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    I want to know what does actually Union do to bring the best for employees. I want more opinions... :) thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 11, 2010, 12:21 PM

Actually, I am in a union and aside from the perks, a low interest credit card (5%), good travel options, I don't see the point. If a worker gets into a conflict with the employer, a union steward will intervene, monitor, but aside from that the union steward really does not do any good. The employer wins anyway.

Our union has taken over our health benefits and controls the packages and in my opinion the former carrier did a much better, human-oriented job and one on one contact with no attitude.

This is my first l0 year contact with a job and union. As far as I can see, nothing has been truly done for the employees.

Tick
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2010, 10:58 AM

Unions try to get better working conditions for employees, better benefits, and can represent or assist an employee with a dispute with the employee's employer, just to name a few things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is necessary in order to claim funds from Unclaimed Property [ 1 Answers ]

What is necessary in order to claim funds from Unclaimed Property if there is no will and 6 sucessors?

Labor Unions? [ 1 Answers ]

Does any one know the major reasons for joining and being part of a labor union? I understand that its to negotiate wages and working conditions but is it more than that?

Labor unions [ 2 Answers ]

Contrast the style of labor unions in the United States to that found in other countries.

View more questions Search