Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nessallh Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Aug 2, 2012, 12:08 PM
    Seattle, WA is good place to live ?
    I have the chance to move (study) to Seattle. Never been there but some folk say it's a great place to live. Problem is the people that say this have only heard second hand and have no personal experience.

Does any one who lives in seattle or has spent quality time there give me the low down.

Is it an expensive place?
    Is it a good city with lot of stuff to do?
    How about weather ? Any college is the best for exchange student ?
    Traffic. Is it a nightmare or not?

Any feed back welcome!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 12:09 PM
    Where are you now (for comparison's sake)?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 12:14 PM
    Here's a site to play on (or get the book from your library) --

David Savageau's Places Rated Home Page | Places Rated

Aug 2, 2012, 12:16 PM
    Now I'm in Chicago, il but I moving to Seattle, WA as soon as. So I just want to know about this City states?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 12:22 PM
    A couple of our members live there, so I will PM them to answer you. My former coworker's daughter moved from here (Chicago) some years ago and will never leave, she says. The coworker says there always seems to be a mist in the air but it's very invigorating for her skin. Scuba diving and other water sports are big there.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2012, 12:32 PM
    Hello N:

I live in Seattle.. For starters, the entire country is BAKING today.. It's 72 degrees here and beautiful. Yes, it's expensive, but it's worth it.

I'm not a travelogue, though.. I don't know what YOU like.. Yes, it rains a lot. But, you can't be surrounded by a beautiful rain forest without a little rain.

excon
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2012, 01:41 PM
    I live in the Seattle area. One nice thing is, there's a ton of suburbs and such, so "expensive" is a relative term. If you live right in the city it can be expensive, but a lot of the 'burbs are much more reasonable.

I'm an avid scuba diver, so I love this area. Yes, traffic is a nightmare, but I doubt it's any worse than Chicago. And they are working hard to remedy the situation; basically, the metroplex got caught with its pants down as far as growth, and now they're having to catch up and rebuild the freeway system etc. to accommodate it. It's working, but it's also going to take a while to complete. Still, it's worth it.

As excon said, the rest of the country is sweltering and we're doing fine here. Seattle is famous for its rain, and there is a fair bit of it compared to the 8 other states I've lived in, but it's not impossible to deal with. We've got sunshine, partly cloudy with a gentle breeze right now. And really, I haven't seen an apartment complex yet that includes air conditioners. That's how moderate it is.

There's lots of culture: museums, restaurants, theaters, that sort of thing. I get frustrated with some aspects of life here, but overall, it's a nice place to live.

Aug 2, 2012, 01:53 PM
    Thanks so much Dave, your answer help me a lot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Some one help me get out of a controlling place where I live. [ 23 Answers ]

Me and this guys have been with each other since Nov 3rd. We have been fighting. Now we are living with his mother and a friend of hers. They are controlling me like I can't do this or do that. I'm also 30 weeks pregnant. I have been talking with family member's of mine I told them I want to go...

Work in a place where people live [ 7 Answers ]

I work in a place where people live... I've become close friends with a person that lives here.. my boss is telling me that I'm violating hipaa by tell them about my personal life OFF the clock... I can't really find anything about it online.. some help would be appreciated

What rights does a father who doesn't have a place to live have? [ 6 Answers ]

My son's father recently lostt his home. It was condemned due to flood damage and he usually picks him up every other weekend, to sleep over. But if he doesn't have a place for my son to sleep. Then do I have to allow him to pick him up still?

A good place to find a good wig? [ 1 Answers ]

I like to wear wigs... my question is, does anyone know anywhere to order good synthetic or real wigs? I used to wear one all the time years ago, but it was a gift; I can't find anything I like... this is the one, a friend gave me years ago... idk what brand it was, but I'd love to find something...

Finding a place to live [ 1 Answers ]

My fiance and I are hoping to buy our own home, or to build a house in the next year or so, however right now our credit is ony giving us about $117,000 loan amount. Will that amount grow in the next year, and about how much? Also, what is the least amount and average amount a person would have to...

View more questions Search