Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    v0lleygirl14 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 09:00 PM
    Hair dying gone bad!
    I HAVE A HAIR CRISIS! I've never died my hair before just highlights well anyway... first off I was looking to dye my hair a light brown... im a natural dirty blonde... so a few weeks ago I went in and my stylist suggested I didn't take out all my blonde so it wasn't such a big shock... so I got low lights... but they faded really fast so I went bak in for more and she said shed die the whole thing... so I'm thinkikn id get a light brown just all voer... NOPE NOT AT ALL! I'm so upset freaking out because its so so so dark! Almost black sometimes! And its such a big schock because I'm used to being dirty blonde! And I hate hate hate it! So I'm washing and washing and washing and looking up ways to fade it fastt! But I need helpp! What's a safe way to fade it? Baking soda? Prell? I have clarifying shampoos but there not working so well yet... im just so anxious! Can I ever get bak to my blonde color or a light brown? Is it possible! Because when I called the salon they said I culd only get hightlights because bleaching it would turn it golden orangy? Bahhh I'm a mess! Somebody please give me advise!
    Thanks again :)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 6, 2008, 10:25 PM
    If your hair is color treated or porous, the hair color will grab onto your hair, making it appear even darker than your desired color. I understand that you wanted an all over color, but the hair stylist gave you low lights instead. If you have your heart set on going light brown, this can be done with a high-lift hair coloring process. But if you want to go blonde without the brassy undertones, it will require bleaching and toning. It seems to me that your hair stylist doesn't have enough experience in hair coloring. So I think you should visit another hair salon and have them correct your hair. Just tell the stylist that you want an all over light brown or blonde color, and he/she should be able to achieve your desired color.

Mar 7, 2008, 05:54 AM
    OK thanksss much! Until I go in is there any at home things I can do to fadeee thiss ugly color I have!! Thanks again ;)
    -

Mar 7, 2008, 04:49 PM
    You can use a clarifying shampoo, dandruff shampoo or dish detergent to help fade hair color. However, it's best to let a trained hair stylist assist you if you want to go light brown or blonde.

Mar 7, 2008, 05:50 PM
    OK thankss again! Does prell work!
    -

Mar 7, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Yes. Prell shampoo is known to slightly strip artificial hair color.

Mar 7, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Okkk thanks!! I'm going to go out and I dntkno what to buy... head and shoulders or prell?
    -

Mar 7, 2008, 06:54 PM
    I suggest Prell or dish detergent since they have the ability to strip hair color. If you can't find Prell shampoo, opt for one of the other products that I've mentioned above. They also work well to fade hair color. Remember to use a moisturizing condition after shampooing to restore moisture onto your hair. Good luck, sweetie.

Mar 8, 2008, 09:03 PM
    Thankss much!! Ooo an this is what my hair stylist said to me... yes you can have the color removed, but you will still need a toner or a demi color over that, even if it's the same color as you natural because stripping color can produce uneven results at times, and it will be damaging to keep processing your hair. So is there any other way to get back to a dirty blonde without stripping it?

Mar 8, 2008, 09:27 PM
    And its still not fading! Ugh I've washed it about 15 times with clarifying shampoo and bakin sodaaa and head and shouldersss! I'm so frusturated :(
    -

Mar 9, 2008, 06:54 AM
    Permanent hair color doesn't fade in one day. It will take days or weeks for the color to slightly fade. Keep in mind that these methods won't fade your hair to blonde. Like I said, in order to go from black to blonde, you will need to bleach your hair to the level of lightness you desire and then deposit a toner. A high-lift hair color can also be used to lift the hair a few shades lighter. Hair bleaching or stripping is a very tricky process and should be done by professionals. If your stylist is unable to fix your hair, please visit another salon and have them do a color correction. A trained hair stylist or colorist should be able do these coloring processes with limited damage.

Mar 9, 2008, 04:17 PM
    If I use prell on my hair how long do I leave it in for?
    -

Mar 9, 2008, 07:13 PM
    Sweetie, you will need to shampoo several times with Prell shampoo to fade the color slightly. Try to be patient and give it a week or so, it will gradually fade. Again, if you want to go from dark/black to a decent blonde color without the red/orange tones, it will require a double process (bleaching and toning).

Mar 9, 2008, 07:18 PM
    Okk thanks so much... im a wreck! Ahh! It's a dark brown now... and I am looking for a dirty blonde not a bright blonde... jus tmy natural color... which is a dirty blonde... even a light brown would be better. The one reason I don't want to go to a different salon is because I don't have the money and my salon will fix it for free :(
    HighBlondeHopes37 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 09:16 AM
    I had my hair high-lighted just yesterda, my natural color is "Dirty Blonde" or a very light brown. The problem is that most of my highlights are a light yellow color, but what is really driving me crazy is near my roots a majority of them are a real brassy color, a big pet peeve of mine.

Mar 11, 2008, 09:32 AM
    I had my hair high-lighted just yesterda, my natural color is "Dirty Blonde" or a very light brown. The problem is that most of my highlights are a light yellow color, but what is really driving me crazy is near my roots a majority of them are a real brassy color, a big pet peeve of mine. What can I do to fix it QUICK without having to spend more money?

Mar 11, 2008, 01:19 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had my hair high-lighted just yesterda, my natural color is "Dirty Blonde" or a very light brown. The problem is that most of my highlights are a light yellow color, but what is really driving me crazy is near my roots a majority of them are a real brassy color, a big pet peeve of mine. What can I do to fix it QUICK without having to spend more money?
    -

Mar 11, 2008, 05:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HighBlondeHopes37
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your roots are brassy and your highlights are light yellow (blonde), you will need to re-touch your roots. You can use the foil method to isolate the highlighted portions of your hair and apply bleach to the roots to achieve the level of lightness you want, then apply a toner on your roots to match the rest of your highlights.

Mar 13, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Hi again! OK so I just want to clarify all these problems I havee and try to explain to you what I wnt so I can tell ym stylist exaclt what I want lol or what to say! Because she obviously didn't understand the first 3 times... so right now I would call me hair color a medium.. brown. Not light... not dark/black. Im thinking I want a dark blonde with lowlights or highlights... just something natural... or a light brown with highlights... something lighter then what I have now... just not platinum blonde. So is this possible? Lol hope that explained what I'm looking for! Basically what I had before I died it is what I want... would a picutre help?
    -

Mar 13, 2008, 06:14 PM
    Yes, a picture would help. You can take a picture with you and show it to the hair stylist, or look through the hair color swatch charts at the salon and pick the color you want. This will make it a lot easier for the hair stylist to achieve your desired hair color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair dying [ 2 Answers ]

I dyed my hair for over 15 year blonde and then my boyfriend wanted me to go red I did not strip my hair went to sallys beauty shop and bought blondish red dye now my hair is a purpleish red please hep

Hair Coloring - Dying auburn hair with grey roots [ 2 Answers ]

Any advice for dying already dyed auburn hair with massive grey roots. I heard that using an ash color will diminish the brassiness.

Bad hair dying [ 1 Answers ]

This is the worst! I dyed my hair a warmer blonde and I already am a blonde so I thought nothing bad would happen, I was wrong. My hair turned gray and purple. The even worse thing a about it is that it is permanent and I am leaving in two days for a very important meeting and I can't show up with...

View more questions Search