Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Strawberrie22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2012, 03:17 PM
    How to get your man to be more romantic
    My guy and I have been living together for almost a year now, and our romance is practically non-existent and I have tried dropping hints during romantic movies where they show the guy preparing fancy dinners with a hundred candles and I have said hey that's really nice of him I like that in a guy and things like that but its almost like my guy just doesn't even bother how do I get my guy to be more aggressive in the romance department?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 25, 2012, 03:25 PM
    What type of romantic things do you do for him?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 25, 2012, 03:29 PM
    My husband considers changing the oil in my car romantic or maybe thinks it's romantic if he cleans up the grill grate before he cooks the steaks. Your boyfriend could be another one of those types.
    Strawberrie22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2012, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    What type of romantic things do you do for him?
    I have done things like when he is in the shower I will put a sexy nighty on and light candles and have the stage set and ready for when he gets out with his favorite treats. But he has never returned the favor.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 25, 2012, 03:50 PM
    You can leave him notes, or be very specific in a conversation about what you want him to do. Men don't usually read our minds and even when you drop hints, it may not be enough. Like Wondergirl said, he may not be the type of romantic you want him to be.
    Katie 53725 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2012, 12:35 AM
    Men aren't generally quick to be romantic, I've found most will go along with the mood you set, but ultimatly you have to learn to recognize and accept love what ever way they know how to show it. You may show your love by making a special meal, or wearing something sexy, he may show his love with gifts (even boring un romantic ones) or doing chores, he knows you'll appreciate. Your man may not be the perfect romantic but you fell in live with him for a reason. Remember, we all have flaws
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 23, 2012, 12:55 AM
    Sorry but you may be expecting something that is not going to happen, at least without more than a hint, you may have to tell him to do something.

There is a book, Love Languages, you and he should read it. As noted, a man may often think he is showing his love by taking the trash out without being asked. ( honestly he will) so the issue is that often men just don't do the story book romance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Romantic french movie about a man that packs peoples memorys away [ 0 Answers ]

Romantic french movie about a man that packs peoples memories away and fits a hand made shoe for his assistant

Not romantic [ 1 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for over 7 years. We have one child together and we each have one from a previous relationship. He has never been romantic even when I have asked him to be. He always has his friends over at our house and never seems to hang out with me and kids. For Valentines day,...

Romantic CD [ 4 Answers ]

Im looking for advice on any romantic songs cd, Hubby and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary June 8th and we are going away to a very secluded cabin in the woods:D Does anyone know of a collection or love songs/romantic make out music that is really good? Thanks. Amy

View more questions Search