What is monopoly?
    What is monopoly?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2009, 02:31 AM

Hi, Osamwonyi!

Please click on the following search.

Monopoly Definition - Google Search

If you're asking about it as it might be concerning a particular situation, it would be helpful to know about that.

Thanks!
    nikki236 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2009, 10:08 AM

Monopoly is a market structure in which there is a single seller, thr r no close substitute for da commodity it produces and there r no barriers to entry.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Mar 9, 2009, 10:34 AM
    A monopoly is created when a company is so successful that it eliminates competition with other similar companies. For example if I were to have a business in selling bottles and you did too and if I only sold a bottle for 10 cents while you sold yours for $1 and every time you decided to lower your cost, I would lower mine even more, people would buy my bottles and not yours. So I would be a monoply because I would lower my price down very low and drive other people out of business by doing so. My sister said that monopolies are illegal because they lower costs so much that there can't be competition.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advertising in monopoly [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I want to get an answer of a question mentioned below: Why & how advertisement is often used as a combative strategy by a firm?

Monopoly power [ 1 Answers ]

What is the significance of monopoly power?

Monopoly market [ 2 Answers ]

What is monopoly

What is Monopoly [ 2 Answers ]

What is monopoly? Is it possible that a monopolist charges any price for a product? Give reasons for your answer.

Monopoly [ 5 Answers ]

Hello experts: You played Monopoly when you were a kid. You knew the rules too. Of course you did. And, Monopoly is just a game. Why do you think that adults, who are playing REAL LIFE Monopoly as landlords, don't bother to learn the rules? excon

View more questions Search