Would a single ingestion of 100 grams alcohol cause a positive peth result
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 27, 2017, 09:10 AM
    Depends on the timeframe involved.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 27, 2017, 09:22 AM
    A few shots before a test is almost always a sure fail. 5 days later maybe not. How long did you have those shots before you tested? Did you know you would be tested?
    NMH Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2017, 09:23 AM
    Consumed over 5 hours, red wine with thanksgiving dinner. No prior alcphol cumsumption. Testing maybe this week. The peth is so confusing
    Expert

Nov 27, 2017, 10:09 AM
    No, it's not confusing. You forego the wine at Thanksgiving dinner, so you don't stress over passing a Peth test you know is coming. Only you know WHY you are being tested, and by WHOM, and the terms of the agreement you signed to be tested. Doesn't matter if it's for the COURT, or your EMPLOYER.

Courts generally have a ZERO tolerance for detection, and employers have a defined level of failure you must must fall within. So where do you fit in this? You either get that straight with your probation officer, or your boss, so you can make a reasonable decision about whether the consequences are worth the pleasure... Or the stress.

Clear up your confusion with FACTS. Not to be harsh but the loss of freedom, or a job, would demand you KNOW what the deal is before you indulge. While I would love to reassure you that you will pass after 60 to 80 hours after indulging such a minute amount, I won't, simply because I know nothing of your situation, or circumstance.

Sorry, but good luck anyway.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2017, 12:46 PM
    Why is it so confusing? What are your requirements? Did you follow them?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2017, 01:44 PM
    Got to agree with the others... its REALLY easy to avoid any alcohol during ANY meals, even holiday ones. And I don't HAVE to get tested for anything.
    NMH Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2017, 01:52 PM
    Ok- I get it. I messed up. All I was interested in is finding out if peth tests for chronic heavy use as advertised, or will catch a one time episode
    Expert

Nov 27, 2017, 04:00 PM
    An employer would not care about the social stuff, and as I explained, has a thresh hold on how much detection is allowed, and still pass. It's generally outlined in their company handbook or available upon request. Courts however have an entirely different standard of ZERO tolerance. One would conclude you are court ordered, so yes screwed up by drinking at all, and if confirmed would be a violation per your agreement.

I will say that even Peth tests don't always detect small amounts of one time use after 60 to 80 hours, but stuff has been known to happen. You screwed up if indeed you have been ordered by the court to be tested, but it doesn't mean you have to keep screwing up and jeopardizing your freedom.

The confusion is over, lesson learned, so relax, since the deed is done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Peth [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone received a false positive Peth?

PETH [ 4 Answers ]

Can peth test positive after one binge drinking

Peth [ 1 Answers ]

How much must u drink for positive result

Phosphatidylethanol (PEth) [ 7 Answers ]

I really need some help and guidance with this test. I honestly 100% do not drink alcohol. But yet, some how my test came up positive at 25 ng/mg. My career is in jeopardy over this. I drink a product called Almased 1-2 times daily. Can anyone help me figure out if this is what caused my PEth to be...

View more questions Search