Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fleurette2369 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 01:02 PM
    How do I sync the keyless pad garage door opener to the main garage door opener?
    I mistakenly gave someone my garage door opener that didn't return it. I had a male friend come over and "change the code" including my car opener and gave me a universial which he also programmed.

I came to realize my code for my keyless pad outside doesn't work (since he changed the code... ). I tried to do it today and ended up clearing all the remotes out and making a big mess. The keyless pad wasn't lighting up even, so I changed the 9V battery... it's still not lighting up. Any advice or directions to a manuel for a LiftMaster (about 8 yrs old) WhisperDrive... on the keyless pad, it says Security+... I couldn't find a company name on it other than that.

Please help!
    don e Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 04:35 PM
    On your motor head on the ceiling where the wires go in to it there will be a little button with a small amber light next to it you need to push that button in and release it [you will need a ladder for that] then go to your keypad put in your numbers and hit enter DO NOT STAND UNDER DOOR you have 30 seconds from when you push the button to put in numbers p.s. some models require you to take off light covers to find button they just pull off hope this helps
    don e Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 04:41 PM
    This is a chamberlin opener this company has been making sears opener for many many years most parts off sears will work on your opener such as keypad,transmitter,gear kits the way to identify this for parts is the color of that little button some are green,yellow,red,the new ones are puple
    the1unv Posts: 285, Reputation: 31

Mar 20, 2008, 08:43 PM
    Yes that is how you do it. I find it easier to have a helper put the # in once you push the button. But then I am not to quick at hopping off a ladder any more, :-))
    Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage door opener [ 6 Answers ]

One of my garage door openers was stolen and I am now on manual. Can I reprogram my garage door opener? Sears is not sure.

Overhead Door garage door opener light just blinks? [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My 15 y/o Overhead Door (brand) garage door opener was working fine opening & closing until a few days ago. It has very low usage because I mostly park my car outside the garage door. Now when I press the remote control w/ new battery OR the hard wired wall switch, the light on the...

Garage door opener keyless entry reset [ 1 Answers ]

How do I reset the keyless entry password on my garage door opener? It's a craftsman 1/3hp, model # 139.23325SRT.

Garage door opener prevents door from opening all the way -- how to fix? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I moved into a house three months ago and we didn't realize this problem before we bought it. I'm trying to solve a problem with an existing garage door and Genie opener which due to the amount of backroom along the tracks, doesn't allow me to open the garage door the full length...

Garage door opener [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can override the small lights at the floor on a garage door opener

View more questions Search