Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dj Artis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2008, 09:16 PM
    Code 19 Troubles
    I Recently downloaded Nero 9 on my inspiron 531 desktop thereafter I
    Have been having problems with my CD/DVD drive my computer want recognize
    That it is even on,

Hell I even when out and got me a new one and would you believe the same thing occurred
    Something about code 19

WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!!
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Nov 12, 2008, 09:22 PM
    Start with the You can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive... Microsoft Knowledgebase Article or contact Nero Support.
    netknight Posts: 12, Reputation: -1
    -

Nov 28, 2008, 02:04 PM

Sounds to me like you registry could be corrupted... You might want to try cleaning it with a program like PC tools registry mechanic...
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2008, 09:06 PM

Upperfilters/LowerFilters
    Follow method 2 on this link, if this does not resolve problem, the changes you may have made will not effect your computer operation in any way -
    You can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive, or you receive an error message after you remove a CD recording program or a DVD recording program in Windows XP: "error code 31"
    Clueless7 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2008, 02:55 PM

Seahawk,

I do not like this system because it wouldn't let me rate your fabulous answer to a similar question about my CD/DVD drives, nor will it let me respond to your post here. I already tried to write you about trying out your fix to my problem on the other thread (safemode... ), but am not sure you would have seen it.

So I'm going to just write here too. I finally tried your solution last night -- the one about disconnecting everything and pushing in the power button. I did it, although I didn't think I was doing it right.

IT WORKED! MY DRIVES WERE BACK ON THE LIST IN WINDOWS EXPLORER!

As I already said on the other thread, you are a GENIUS. Such a simple thing, but oh so effective. I am so glad to have those drives back. It is impossible to do effective computing without the use of the drives. I was possibly looking at replacing them, had this not worked.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

P.S. How can I get around the message I get when trying to rate your answer -- something about I have to spread the reputation around?
    Clueless7 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2008, 11:57 PM

DJ, go to the safemode thread and follow Seahawk's advice to me. It works. That is what I was talking about in my last post. Do this you might not have to do the registry thing -- maybe. I don't know why Seahawk didn't tell you the same thing about disconnecting everything and holding in the power button. Maybe your problem wasn't that similar, but it does sound like it. The only difference is that I didn't get an error message.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2008, 01:36 PM

Glad it all worked out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1989 honda civic. (code 4)crank angle sensor.(code 8) tdc position sensor [ 0 Answers ]

The car idles randomly after warm up.I check the ecu for codes and it gives 4 crank angle sensor and 8 tdc position sensor. I did a search and one of the ad posted by a guy in Canada says that he had to get part from different vehicles until he got all of them to work properly. Will I be able to...

Gfi troubles [ 2 Answers ]

I have a three wire going into a box In the box the red is for a heater the black is split into three to feed the fan and light and a outlet. In the outlet I put a gfi outlet. Now when I switch the fan switch back and forth it trips the gfi. Is this because they share the same neutral. I also...

Car Troubles [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2004 Dodge Stratus. I recently put the car into the shop (7 days ago) to have the usual maintenance done on the car. I had an oil change, engine tuneup, and I also had to have some ignition wires replaced. My car silently shut off twice today and the steering wheel even locked up as I...

Cat Troubles [ 2 Answers ]

I have two male cats and I made the mistake of bring a female around them. My two males started fighting each other now all my male cats do is fight they won't be around each other and they have to stay in different rooms! They used to love each other before I brung the female into my house! What...

Troubles: [ 2 Answers ]

Why do troubles and trials exist in this world? HANK :confused:

View more questions Search