Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    castillo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 05:22 AM
    a/c split unit
    Hi my a/c split unit will not run, it has two capacitors for the fan units, and following power problems and a possible surg of power back on. The 240 volts are OK on the supplies, but I also have 240 volts at the Nuetrals too, is this correct.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 5, 2008, 05:53 AM
    Hello castillo

"I also have 240 volts at the Nuetrals too, is this correct?"

No. Neutrals should always be near-voltage free.
    It is clear that your problem is with the neutral cabling.
    Please check the power supply. Check the cabling back to neutral at the power board.
    The "hot" neutral indicates that the neutral wiring between AirCon and the distribution board somewhere in interrupted !

Success !

:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Split unit system [ 2 Answers ]

How is the split unit of a/c system work,whai is the component of the split unit and what is the troubleshooting of this unit

Goodman 3ton split unit Heat will not come on [ 10 Answers ]

After turning up heat, blower will not come on, or the heat. What do I look for or trouble shoot?. thanks

"Popping noise" coming from mini-split AC unit [ 1 Answers ]

We have an "AllStyle" brand mini-split AC in our bedroom. It's about 1.5 years old. It works fine, except about a month ago, it started "popping" and "cracking"--making it virtually impossible to get a good night's sleep! The sound is like that of plastic-on-plastic expanding or contracting...

Rheem Split Unit A/C not cooling properly [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Rheem split unit heater / ac RGDG-075AUER. It appear to be from 1994 based upon the serial number CB5D302-F1994-1196. The unit does not provide proper cooling for my townhome. When the AC is turned on it will initially blow cool air, but eventually the air appears warmer as if only a fan...

Size of ac unit needed to match a carrrier heating unit [ 3 Answers ]

I had a Carrier natural gas heating unit installed in 2003. Model number 58STA/STX 070 Catalog number 535-80105. My ac unit has gone out and the company I bought the heating unit from has gone out of business. What size ac unit will match the heating unit? Thanks so much!:cool:

View more questions Search