Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wvumountee Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2005, 10:16 AM
    Muscle strain?
    At work I had to lift a desk in order to run some wiring. The desk is extremely heavy and I had to strain pretty hard to lift it. I held it up for about 10 seconds so my co-worker could run the wires underneath. When I put it down my abdomen area hurted. Is it possible to hurt an organ by straining too hard?

I did some stretches to see how it hurts. It doesn't hurt when I do a sit up but it does when I bend backwards. If I sit on the ground with my legs out in front of me and just turn from my waist up side to side it hurts the most. I have never strained an ab before. It kind of hurts like a stomach ache or if I had gas built up in my stomach.

Is this a strained ab or something else?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2005, 06:28 AM
    Strain
    HI,
    Sounds like muscle strain. It could take months for this to return to normal.
    Please see a doctor for an opinion.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    trainer0226 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Nov 17, 2005, 07:18 PM
    Muscle stain
    There is the possibility that you strained your ab muscles there is also the possibility that you gave yourself a hernia. If the pain is not getting better after day three go to see your doctor.
    Allamer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2011, 05:14 PM
    It could be a hernia, where there is a small tear in the abdomen membrane. Sometimes organs can protrude through these tears at times

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dizziness and eye strain after an hour of watching the computer screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hi everybody. I don't know about you but for me.. working at my computer became a very hard thing to do. After just an hour of working in front of it... I kind of getting dizzy and have different aches right in my both eyes or sometimes even in my head. Did you have similar problems ? How did you...

Muscle [ 2 Answers ]

I am really in to building muscle an I have bin doing weight for a while but I am wondering is there a fast rutine that can help muscle building faster I don't won't to use steroids as I know the side affects an it supposedly give you man boobs an I don't won't to use a toning device as it doesn't...

Muscle twitching [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way to stop muscle twitching,I have been having it fot the past one year

Fat to muscle [ 2 Answers ]

I am just curious in the process of fat to muscle. I've read o many different things about it I'm not to sure. Does your fat turn into muscle? How does this process work and what's the best way to acieve weight loss? And not gain a whole lot of muscle?

PC Muscle [ 1 Answers ]

Where exactly can the PC muscle be located for men i.e. the one that is used for Kegel exercises?

View more questions Search