Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    idontknow95 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2013, 05:59 AM
    Is it normal to randomly start feeling depressed or sad?
    So, since I was about 14 I've been feeling depressed completely out of the blue. Although, I do have to admit I was depressed when I was 14 and 15 due to bullying but, I did believe I started to get better when I was 16. I'm 17 now, I turn 18 on the 25th of this month. But I'll have random days when I will start to feel very sad. I cry and doubt myself a lot. Is it normal for me to still be feeling depressed? Or should I go see a doctor?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 7, 2013, 06:05 AM
    Are you male or female?

Jan 7, 2013, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Are you male or female?
    Female
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 7, 2013, 07:07 AM
    Do you notice this happening around your period?

Jan 7, 2013, 06:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Do you notice this happening around your period?
    Sometimes, but usually it happens just whenever
    won1one Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2013, 03:11 PM
    It is completely normal considering you are still 17 and have a ton of hormones flooding your body.

If you have used any type of mood altering substance (alcohol, prescription drugs, cigarettes, marijuana, aderol) then it is more than likely due to that.

If you still continue to have this cycle of depression for years to come than you should worry about it then.

Jan 13, 2013, 03:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by won1one View Post
    It is completely normal considering you are still 17 and have a ton of hormones flooding your body.

If you have used any type of mood altering substance (alcohol, prescription drugs, cigarettes, marijuana, aderol) then it is more than likely due to that.

If you still continue to have this cycle of depression for years to come than you should worry about it then.
    So, it is based purely on hormones?
    Is there anything I can do to stop, or control, these feelings though?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very sad and depressed!! [ 4 Answers ]

I feel like my 5 year old hates me. I'll explain my story. Five years ago I had a little boy. I was so excited and happy but my problem was pills. I started using drugs when his father and I got together. Then quit once I knew about my pregnancy. So anyway, a year and a half after birth his father...

Feeling lonely, sad and depressed [ 24 Answers ]

I think I have Social Anxiety Disorder... I haven't made any friends in over 20 years. Sure I have "acquaintances", but no one I would consider "friend". I have always considered myself "shy". I have trouble talking to people I don't know. I'm afraid what they will think about what I say or do....

I'm always angry and sad, can't get out of feeling so depressed. [ 6 Answers ]

I feel really bad because I'm so angry and confused on what to do with myself. I feel like none of my friends are there for me right now. Everyone is always busy! I started liking a guy but didn't want a relationship with him, he has many girls that he talks to and I was just having fun with him...

Sad, depressed [ 16 Answers ]

Hi. I'm having problems with two of my friends. I feel utterly betrayed... Sad,lonely. Three months ago, I went to the country, to Jenna's home to celebrate Serena's birthday... Jenna and I never did get along very well, not because we didn't want it, but because we have different personalities....

View more questions Search